12.49 and Faster IS300's (1/4 MILE) *STICKY* - Page 7 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

 3Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 557 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Mr. Negative
 
IS_Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Savannah
Posts: 12,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
I don't believe 650whp on an auto IS will yeild 9's. 10's possibly, but 9's, no. I'd be happy to be prooved wrong though.

2010 Lotus Exige S260 Sport
2007 E63 AMG
2003 IS300T 23k miles - 700whp

Sold-
Ferrari 360 F1
97 JZA80
2001 IS300T
IS_Dude is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 557 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Home of the Terps
Posts: 2,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS_Dude
I don't believe 650whp on an auto IS will yeild 9's. 10's possibly, but 9's, no. I'd be happy to be prooved wrong though.

I based that off lexustcys car that made around 580rwhp (11.0 @ 133) and had heavy 19" iforged's in the front with only a 26x10.5 mt et street on. Ray cut a 2.0 60' with the stock stall. Now add 70rwhp or so and add a higher stall and real drag wheels and skinnies (lighter/better traction) cut a high 1.5x or low 1.6x 60' certainly possible to flirt with a 9.9 @ 135-138mph

'02 MSM IS300TT L-Tuned 6spd.
2002 Lexus IS300TT 759rwhp 606tq @40psi (2004) Sold
'98 Toyota Supra Quicksilver TT 6spd. WOTM Built
'09 GMC Sierra SLT All Terrain/Texas Edition Z71 Black Bear Tuned
LexISpooled is offline  
post #93 of 557 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 11:00 AM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Northern Virginia (Ashburn)
Posts: 5,654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
I just happened to cross a thread earlier today for use in another thread. There was mention of hitting "9's" and the HP needed.

Here ya go...
http://www.is300.net/forums/showpos...395&postcount=1

2002 IS300 (sold) --> 573whp on 93 pump :::: 749whp on C16

2006 IS350 (current)
redline814 is offline  
 
post #94 of 557 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Addict
 
isman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: So.Cal. - NYC/Long Island
Posts: 2,590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline814
I just happened to cross a thread earlier today for use in another thread. There was mention of hitting "9's" and the HP needed.

Here ya go...
http://www.is300.net/forums/showpos...395&postcount=1
I don't get it. The link takes me to the .net home page....

Charles

Turboade, quenchy your thirst....

Swift Racing your Turboade Dealer
isman is offline  
post #95 of 557 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Addict
 
isman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: So.Cal. - NYC/Long Island
Posts: 2,590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
If I swapped in a TH400 instead of the v160, I would guarantee myself a 10sec. and acutally look at high 9s with the auto tranny. But I opted not to go with the TH400 (only as my personal preference, not stating one preference is better than the other). The reason being is that, I luv to road race/autoX. I know for autoX with the PTE 76, even at minimum boost off of W.G. (approx.18psi), I would be all over the place (600whp) plus the lag. But the road race, it will still be quite entertaining to push it around. My suspension, brakes, rear is set up more for the road race than anything else. With the TH400, this would not even be possible. It would be hilarious though if someone tried to road race a car with TH400 tranny, but not so much fun for the driver.

If I hit 10s with my car, then I'm content because it'll be an ALL AROUND car (The 4"S"s). I might not have the all time fastest 1/4 car, but I take on challengers for all around competion, kinda like the USCC. I'm counting the days to where I can take the car to the track. I know where I am currently with my car on street SO3 tires on pump gas on the 1/4mile consistently. I'm just itching to go now for the BGF Drags and still on pump with some few other tricks, and see what I do..... To be continued.

Charles

Turboade, quenchy your thirst....

Swift Racing your Turboade Dealer
isman is offline  
post #96 of 557 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Immortal
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lake Worth, FL 33467
Posts: 20,660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by isman
I know where I am currently with my car on street SO3 tires on pump gas on the 1/4mile consistently. I'm just itching to go now for the BGF Drags and still on pump with some few other tricks, and see what I do..... To be continued.

Charles
really? since we're all dying to know, care to let us know some preliminary numbers?

Master Certified Lexus VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST and INTERNET SALES MANAGER @ LEXUS OF PALM BEACH
2015 NX200t F-SPORT ULTRASONIC BLUE
1993 Toyota Supra
SOLD 2002 IBP JDM NEO/RANDO TURBO
[email protected] 17 psi
R.I.P. 2001 SBM L-TUNED Toyomoto Built TURBO
LEXOTIC CONCEPTS NE017
tsopranoMB is offline  
post #97 of 557 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Northern Virginia (Ashburn)
Posts: 5,654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by isman
I don't get it. The link takes me to the .net home page....

Charles
Weird...it now does that to me as well. Here is the same thread in another way...
http://www.is300.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182920

2002 IS300 (sold) --> 573whp on 93 pump :::: 749whp on C16

2006 IS350 (current)
redline814 is offline  
post #98 of 557 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Addict
 
isman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: So.Cal. - NYC/Long Island
Posts: 2,590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline814
Weird...it now does that to me as well. Here is the same thread in another way...
http://www.is300.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182920

Ah, the old PFS thread. Tks.

Charles

Turboade, quenchy your thirst....

Swift Racing your Turboade Dealer
isman is offline  
post #99 of 557 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Addict
 
isman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: So.Cal. - NYC/Long Island
Posts: 2,590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by isman
I know where I am currently with my car on street SO3 tires on pump gas on the 1/4mile consistently. I'm just itching to go now for the BGF Drags and still on pump with some few other tricks, and see what I do..... To be continued.

Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
really? since we're all dying to know, care to let us know some preliminary numbers?
Nothing impressive to post about.

Charles

Turboade, quenchy your thirst....

Swift Racing your Turboade Dealer
isman is offline  
post #100 of 557 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
""Nothing impressive to post about."

"Charles""

Right, Right . . . Like anything dealing with that car of your's isn't impressive. I'd go out on a limb to say that after seeing the dyno from pump gas for you you've hit the 11's without a problem. Can't wait to see that sucker on slicks and the good juice. We all know you will break deep into the 10's at the bare minimum. Just please, when you decided to make that run, make sure you tape it. Gotta document history ya know. Not to mention to provide dreams for the rest of us here.
IceCold4x4 is offline  
post #101 of 557 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Immortal
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lake Worth, FL 33467
Posts: 20,660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by isman
Nothing impressive to post about.

Charles

right.....

Master Certified Lexus VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST and INTERNET SALES MANAGER @ LEXUS OF PALM BEACH
2015 NX200t F-SPORT ULTRASONIC BLUE
1993 Toyota Supra
SOLD 2002 IBP JDM NEO/RANDO TURBO
[email protected] 17 psi
R.I.P. 2001 SBM L-TUNED Toyomoto Built TURBO
LEXOTIC CONCEPTS NE017
tsopranoMB is offline  
post #102 of 557 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 07:01 PM
Addict
 
isman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: So.Cal. - NYC/Long Island
Posts: 2,590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCold4x4
""Nothing impressive to post about."

"Charles""

Right, Right . . . Like anything dealing with that car of your's isn't impressive. I'd go out on a limb to say that after seeing the dyno from pump gas for you you've hit the 11's without a problem. Can't wait to see that sucker on slicks and the good juice. We all know you will break deep into the 10's at the bare minimum. Just please, when you decided to make that run, make sure you tape it. Gotta document history ya know. Not to mention to provide dreams for the rest of us here.

Yes, it will be fully documented so there is no doubt of the run(s) w/vid and time slips. I know I won't be the fastest IS out there ever because someone with an auto Race tranny (TH400/glider) & drag suspension set up will run easily lower numbers because we all know the IS can make the power. I will however will be well rounded/all around car/driver.

This year will be an interesting year. There will be several IS300s breaking into 10s, and considering that we've had our cars for only 4-5years with limited aftermarket support, it's an accomplishment for our cars. Hopefully, our car will get some respect and demand interest from those who respect speed and tunability.

Charles

Turboade, quenchy your thirst....

Swift Racing your Turboade Dealer
isman is offline  
post #103 of 557 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Addict
 
isman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: So.Cal. - NYC/Long Island
Posts: 2,590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Oh, btw, my times will be on my full street trim which means pump gas, full interior, DOT tires (although DOT DRAGS). Bottom line, no trailer queen drive to and from the track. What the car can do everyday anytime anyday.

Charles

Turboade, quenchy your thirst....

Swift Racing your Turboade Dealer
isman is offline  
post #104 of 557 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 07:22 PM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Northern Virginia (Ashburn)
Posts: 5,654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by isman
Oh, btw, my times will be on my full street trim which means pump gas, full interior, DOT tires (although DOT DRAGS). Bottom line, no trailer queen drive to and from the track. What the car can do everyday anytime anyday.

Charles
Really...I'm not trying to copy you

The above describes exactly where I'm heading. By year's end, my goal is to get kicked off a track for running too fast for not having a cage. If I hit a 10 in the process (not likley), even better. I'll save the C16 tune and run for next year.

2002 IS300 (sold) --> 573whp on 93 pump :::: 749whp on C16

2006 IS350 (current)
redline814 is offline  
post #105 of 557 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Immortal
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lake Worth, FL 33467
Posts: 20,660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline814
Really...I'm not trying to copy you

The above describes exactly where I'm heading. By year's end, my goal is to get kicked off a track for running too fast for not having a cage. If I hit a 10 in the process (not likley), even better. I'll save the C16 tune and run for next year.
new NHRA rule is 11.50, good luck, I hope to see many of us go faster then that before 2005 is over...

Master Certified Lexus VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST and INTERNET SALES MANAGER @ LEXUS OF PALM BEACH
2015 NX200t F-SPORT ULTRASONIC BLUE
1993 Toyota Supra
SOLD 2002 IBP JDM NEO/RANDO TURBO
[email protected] 17 psi
R.I.P. 2001 SBM L-TUNED Toyomoto Built TURBO
LEXOTIC CONCEPTS NE017
tsopranoMB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Race Related

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome