Lexus IS Forum banner

Subwoofer gallery.

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  TEG 
#1 ·
Here are some (IS300 trunk mount) subwoofer installations:

(I will post pictures of mine shortly - although it is a less "impressive" single subwoofer installation)

See less See more
#3 ·
I have a much smaller amp than those other two. Mine is 100W with no cap, and I don't notice any flicker, or even movement in the volt gauge even with it cranked up loud.

My single 100W sub install is more of a "fills out the sound" sort of thing. It doesn't make the windows bulge out or anything like that.

#5 ·
I love the way it sounds. I didn't mess with any of the stock speakers - I just added one 10" Pioneer subwoofer, and one 100watt bridged amp. It "fills out" the sound so it seems like I have bottomless bass. It isn't enough to overpower the rest of the system, but it definately has more punch than before the woofer.

I have a switch to turn the subwoofer amp on/off, so I can easily try it with & without.

#6 ·
Originally posted by TEG:
I love the way it sounds. I didn't mess with any of the stock speakers - I just added one 10" Pioneer subwoofer, and one 100watt bridged amp. It "fills out" the sound so it seems like I have bottomless bass. It isn't enough to overpower the rest of the system, but it definately has more punch than before the woofer.

I have a switch to turn the subwoofer amp on/off, so I can easily try it with & without.
TEG, i've put 4 more tweeters. and it sounds so much better.
just letting you know....

#12 ·
Originally posted by TEG:
If you left the armrest in place it would block the sound from the subwoofer.

Sorry - I don't plan on giving everyone step by step instructions... Too much extra work for me...
Makes sense. What i was wondering is if it would block the armrest from folding up. That way, i could open up the arm rest when driving, but fold it back up when parking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.