Lexus IS Forum banner

Owner's Manual Folder - goes where?

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  cardinal_creek 
#1 ·
Okay, the IS 300 Owner's Manual Folder is too thick to fit in the glove box...won't go into the door pockets, either.
So, I finally put mine in the strap attached inside the right wall of the trunk (so it wouldn't slide around)...I velcroed the First Aid Kit to the other trunk wall.
Anybody got a better place in the car to put the Owner's Manual packet?

#2 ·
Honestly, how often do you read the manual. If it isn't too hard for you than just place it under the trunk mat where the spare is. I see that my glovebox is getting more congested. Might have to move the manual soon. For my Integra I used to keep it under my seat, but thats nearly impossibhle with the IS seats. Woo Hoo. An owner's club. Yee Haw!!!!!

Mike

#5 ·
Kind of confused here...

I've got my owner's manual in the glove box, along with about 6 CD cases and about two handfuls of other miscellaneous stuff. There's still a bunch of room. I don't see how you think the manual is too big for there unless you carry tons of other stuff in the glove box.

Just curious.

Rob

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17" wheels
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
4.7L, QuadraDrive, UpCountry
Patriot Blue, Fully loaded

#6 ·
I've got six CD jewel boxes in the glove compartment and a few other things, but the owner's manual "tri-fold" won't fit.
I was just hoping someone had come up with a great idea as to where to stow it.
You're right, it's not like you need to refer to the manual every day, but, hey, didn't we all have to go pull it out recently to post on this forum?
Thanks for the help!

#7 ·
Hey,

I have my cd case, bottle of armor all, some clean towels, some gum, my kids toys, a diaper, a bottle and some socks and my owners manual still fits! Whaz up with your glove box, not big enough? HUM?

Ha!!!!! I have my owners manual at my desk now, just in case ya all change the password, I won't have to take my lazy azz out to the car. Hell I hope I don't need the manual in the car. Can you think of any reason why it needs to be in there?

[This message has been edited by ISFAN (edited October 20, 2000).]

#8 ·
Okay. Did I not get a "full-sized" glove box, or what?
I'm not talking about the owner's manual book...I'm referring to the whole owner's manual package, the black faux-leather, tri-fold deal with all the stuff in it.
Once I put six CD jewel boxes in my glovie, the owner's manual folder wouldn't fit. Honest.
I'll bet my car got an IS 200 glove box.
I'm developing glove box envy.

[This message has been edited by Leader (edited October 20, 2000).]

#9 ·
Originally posted by Leader:
Okay. the black faux-leather, tri-fold deal with all the stuff in it.
Once I put six CD jewel boxes in my glovie, the owner's manual folder wouldn't fit.

[This message has been edited by Leader (edited October 20, 2000).]
Are you sure it's "faux?" Seemed like real leather to me but what do I know and should I really care...

Take out the condoms and you might be able to fit your manual in there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.