Lexus IS Forum banner

i would like to...

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  TEG 
#1 ·
post some pictures and can someone help me!!!

i have a scanner.

i would just like to share some of my picture.

thanks

------------------
xxsiLveR_iS300xx

#6 ·
Originally posted by siLveR_iS300:
thank you very much IS3_RIDE,
but what if i wanna post pictures from my hard drive??? is that possible too???
You can only post pictures that are available via the Internet. Everyone else's computer needs to be able to 'request' the page from wherever it sits. If it's on your HD, then there's no way for those other users' browsers to request the pic. The only way for that to work is if you have your own local web server on your PC AND your ISP gives you a static IP address so that the web server is locatable by other PCs.

Many ISPs give you the capability to have your own 'home page'. You can use this to host your pics. You don't have to develop any web pages to just be able to post pics here. Just upload the picture to whereever your ISP is giving you the home page and then figure out what the link to it is.

For example, if your username was 'rsmith', the link to your home page may look something like this: http://www.ispnamehere.com/~rsmith. If you added a picture to the top level of your directory, the link may look like: http://www.ispnamehere.com/~rsmith/my_picture.jpg.

Hope this doesn't just confuse things more...

Rob

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17" wheels
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
4.7L, QuadraDrive, UpCountry
Patriot Blue, Fully loaded

#10 ·
send me your scanner and ill post you rpic for u
hahaha
all u need to do is scan them, make sure to keep it relatively small in size (around 50kb is good) edit out any wasted space and then upload it (save it) to a web account, like TEG said, photopoint.com angelfire.com, (they'll give u free space to store files) and then put the link, (location of that file) here...

#11 ·
Some of those free web servers (like angelfire in particular) only let you view images as part of the page hosted on their site. If you try to link to them from another site (like from is300.net) you get some dummy image saying "image hosted by angelfire". If you have that problem, try another free service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.