Lexus IS Forum banner

i know this has been....

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  irv_usc 
#1 ·
brought up already, but i couldn't find old post.
i decided to put a mud guard and i think i really should. and somebody mentioned something from PepBoys. and i also saw how it looks(great).
so can anyone tell me what that Brand is was???
and also is it a universal fit??/
i'm really sorry, this has been already brought up. but please help me.

#8 ·
make sure u dont install em too low, like i did, i ended up scraping very bad when i had more than 1 person in the car. i took the rear ones off and then ended up taking the front ones off...so now its back to stock...mudguards didnt make sense here in ca...maybe when it starts raining again.

#9 ·
Originally posted by DonCorleone:
make sure u dont install em too low, like i did, i ended up scraping very bad when i had more than 1 person in the car. i took the rear ones off and then ended up taking the front ones off...so now its back to stock...mudguards didnt make sense here in ca...maybe when it starts raining again.
so i could adjust the heights of the mud guards??????

------------------
xxsiLveR_iS300xx

#11 ·
Originally posted by DonCorleone:
they dont come predrilled
you mark where you want them and drill the holes- so yes u can make them adjustable by drilling a few holes...its just a pain for the back ones..you have to take the wheels off..the front ones just turn you steering wheel...
thank you everyone

------------------
xxsiLveR_iS300xx

#12 ·
Originally posted by disintegration:
Get some mud guards from Lexus. That way they'll look half way decent. Stay away from the junky Pep Boys stuff .
See them in person before bashing them. Then show me the Lexus ones so I can see how much better they are.

------------------
2001 IS300
Spectra Blue Mica/Ivory
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17" wheels
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
4.7L, QuadraDrive, UpCountry
Patriot Blue, Fully loaded

#13 ·
Originally posted by MNSpectraBlueIS:
See them in person before bashing them. Then show me the Lexus ones so I can see how much better they are.

Hey, i followed your installation, and it rules. i scrape my mudguards everywhere, but who cares. when the scraped rubber builds up, just take a coarse grade sand paper to the bottom, voila!

Oh, and Lexus will not make any mudguards for the IS.

#14 ·
Originally posted by irv_usc:
Hey, i followed your installation, and it rules. i scrape my mudguards everywhere, but who cares. when the scraped rubber builds up, just take a coarse grade sand paper to the bottom, voila!

Oh, and Lexus will not make any mudguards for the IS.
Hmmmm... I must have mounted mine higher than you. I only scrape them when there are lots of passengers and I'm going in or out of an angled driveway. Mine only stick down about 1.5" below the bottom of the body edge.

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.