1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
Typical issues. Most owners don't change the fluids as necessary and the subsequent owners have to pay the price..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had this problem.... kept on for about 4 weeks, then thermostat went out. Replaced thermostat , drained alllllll coolant in the block, ran car turned on defrosters with heat full blast , jacked car up in the front making the radiator the highest point, replaced fluid till completely full after swallowing a bunch while running with defrosters on... then filled reservoir halfway... boom stopped problem haven't heard it since.
post #93 of 97 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Still Good Advice

Winter just hit in Colorado and my wife told me that the heater wasn't working unless the car was driving, there was a gurgling under the dash, and the car was starting to run hot. I test drive it and confirm everything she's saying. Check the coolant and find the reservoir bone dry. I immediately know that there's air in the system, but I haven't burped a Lexus before, so did a little research and came here. It's pretty much the same as for other vehicles, but knowing for sure is worth the research. I follow the steps for burping the air out and it takes a full gallon and then some! It was practically ALL air by the time I got to it. It burped for quite a while, but I got all the air out and the heater works fine now. I'm seeing some coolant in the driveway, so I might have overfilled it a bit... or I have a leak somewhere. I'll have my wife keep an eye on it an I'll keep checking it once a week or so. If the reservoir runs dry again, I'll get a new cap and take it for a pressure test.

post #94 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 04:31 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Hello there. So I'm also dealing with the sloshing water sound behind the glove box. But in addition to it, my heater has not worked well for a few years now. It's less hot on the driver side and a bit warmer on the passenger. I've bought some CLR to flush out my heater core here in the next few days or once I get some information from you fellows. But my question is that necessary to do or am I just in need of getting my car on a steep hill and bleeding the air out? The fact that the driver side is less warm makes me feel that it is probably clogged up. Also I feel like it's probably okay but have any of you used CLR to flush out a heater core? I saw Eric the Car Guy use it on his heater core flush video on YouTube. I would really appreciate a response as it's really annoying to hear every time I start my car or Accelerate from a stop. Not to mention not having Heat it's the worst in the winter.
post #95 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 02:35 PM
Enthusiast

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01is300UT View Post
Hello there. So I'm also dealing with the sloshing water sound behind the glove box. But in addition to it, my heater has not worked well for a few years now. It's less hot on the driver side and a bit warmer on the passenger. I've bought some CLR to flush out my heater core here in the next few days or once I get some information from you fellows. But my question is that necessary to do or am I just in need of getting my car on a steep hill and bleeding the air out? The fact that the driver side is less warm makes me feel that it is probably clogged up. Also I feel like it's probably okay but have any of you used CLR to flush out a heater core? I saw Eric the Car Guy use it on his heater core flush video on YouTube. I would really appreciate a response as it's really annoying to hear every time I start my car or Accelerate from a stop. Not to mention not having Heat it's the worst in the winter.
It may be servos not working correctly.
post #96 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I've checked them. They are working. It's my heater core. All I wanna know is if R is OK to use and if I'm getting the gurgling sound if it's more likely air or that it's actually clogged because the drivers side gets such less amount of any heat at all. And ita not much.
post #97 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 05:50 AM
Enthusiast

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01is300UT View Post
I've checked them. They are working. It's my heater core. All I wanna know is if R is OK to use and if I'm getting the gurgling sound if it's more likely air or that it's actually clogged because the drivers side gets such less amount of any heat at all. And ita not much.
There is a servo that controls direction out the vents. If they are working correctly. I have seen them plugged into the wrong servo plug. Next the only other thing that could make it blow less on one side would be a physical blockage.

As for the slosh. If you try to fill the heater core with CLR that is fine. But if it is that bad. You are better off replacing it. I have had some cars hard to burp. But most do so when jacked at an angle and revving the engine quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS300 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page