Gurgling fluid sound behind my glovebox? - Page 5 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

its been 3 weeks since i refilled my resevoir tank. I filled it up and now its at the halfway mark and i checked it when the car was cold. Is this normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm4444 View Post
You need to buy and add some. Once you do it will most likely cure the air in the system. Since your reservoir ran dry, i always recommend checking it when the car is cold so you know you aren't consuming any coolant(over next few weeks). This is a very common problem once that tank runs dry.

Make sure you use the coolant that's already in it. Either the red long life or pink super long life. Don't mix aftermarkets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Immortal

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant3821 View Post
its been 3 weeks since i refilled my resevoir tank. I filled it up and now its at the halfway mark and i checked it when the car was cold. Is this normal?
That sounds about normal. If you filled it more than 3/4, then when the car is hot, coolant will expand and then expel out of the tank. So as long as it stays at the halfway mark when the engine is bone cold, then you're ok. I marked mine with a piece of tape on the back side where there is the level sight indicator. It never goes down when i check it cold.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #63 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant3821 View Post
I just got my car back from getting the timing belt and water pump replaced and now i hear this water noise. I tried parking my car on a hill with the heat on for about 20 mins and the noise is still there. What am I doing wrong? Also how do you know when the thermostat opens up? Thanks for your help.
This happened to me right after I had my water pump timing belt done!!
I heard sloshing noises water like behind my dash board. For a week it went on and i didn't pay attention until my car completely over heated. they guys here are right somehow its the air trapped.

post #64 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 07:45 AM
Aficionado

I have the same problem except it's only when I first turn on my ac. I can't stand it.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK

Semper Fi!

SXE10 CREW MID-SOUTH
post #65 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 08:03 AM
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_usmc View Post
I have the same problem except it's only when I first turn on my ac. I can't stand it.
This sounds like your AC evaporator drain is clogged verses a coolant issue. Water is sitting at the bottom of the unit and can't drain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonm4444
For the clogged drain, open your glove box, pull it out and down. Off the plastic housing you see in there, to the right there is a rubber hose that comes off the bottom of it. Disconnect it and get some compressed air and blow the line out. If you look under the hood on the exhaust side, sorta near the battery but lower, the hose comes out from the firewall and points down to the ground. Make sure that line is not pinched and clear it out the best you can. You may even want to Spray compressed air from the drain end(inside the engine bay) back to the evaporator casing incase the casing is filled up with water and so it won't run out inside the car. Check it out, you should be able to see what I mean.
WBBLUEIs300 likes this.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #66 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Lurker

new to the forum world and the is300 world... i thought i was going crazy when i heard that noise. good to know other owners had the same problem as i did. Im going to try this tomorrow and let you know how it works. Thanks for the info everyone
post #67 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 06:57 AM

i have the same problem on my car for 3 months, its that gurgling sound comming from the glove box, i was assuming that there might be a clogged from the AC vents so i changed my Cabin Filter but the sound was still there, it sound like there is a squirrel scratching your dash and it's getting annoying
post #68 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 07:00 AM
Immortal

it's because your reservoir has gone dry and there is air in the system. This thread goes into it.

https://my.is/forums/f87/infamous-gur...lp-plz-415033/

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #69 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Aficionado

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
i just had to replace my rad so obviously i had to put fluid in. Mine would gargle at start up and when driving a little bit, but after the replacement it happens for 2-3 seconds on start up and thats it.

read someone say that a fluid change and proper bleed will get rid of this...

'02 MSM

5 MT | HEATED MIRRORS & FULL BLK LEATHER | TRAC/SNOW | NAVI | BLK DASH | LSD | SUNROOF

Lug nut... Fixed it!
post #70 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm4444 View Post
This sounds like your AC evaporator drain is clogged verses a coolant issue. Water is sitting at the bottom of the unit and can't drain.
Where is that at? Anyone have pics?

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK

Semper Fi!

SXE10 CREW MID-SOUTH
post #71 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Immortal

Quote:
Where is that at? Anyone have pics?
If you go under the glove box, at the front edge of the carpet, if you pull it back very slightly you'll see the whitish drain and black drain hose. The hose then goes through the firewall, almost right along with the brake lines and then 90's down towards the ground. You can't miss it once you see the drain hose go into the bay. Remember it's right up against the firewall and below the glove box but on the left side of the passenger footwell. Here's the best pic i could find of the drain from the unit going into the hose. Pic kinda looks complicated but once you get under there and peel back the loose carpet you'll know instantly. The black drain pipe comes off and can be flushed. Hope this helps.
(borrowed from John Pawlak)

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #72 of 97 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 05:19 AM
Immortal

I found a pdf that shows the layout of the drain pipe and hose to further go into detail. Remember the drain is not behind the glove box but rather below it(and behind the leading edge of carpet).

https://my.is/forums/6461721-post11.html

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #73 of 97 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Aficionado

I checked it and it's not clogged at all. And now my ac is cutting on and off. I had to replace my condenser about two weeks ago and stsrted having problems right after I had the system refilled.

Semper Fi!

SXE10 CREW MID-SOUTH
post #74 of 97 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Immortal

Quote:
I checked it and it's not clogged at all. And now my ac is cutting on and off. I had to replace my condenser about two weeks ago and stsrted having problems right after I had the system refilled.
Then i would see if the compressor clutch is engaged. When it is engaged, check the site glass right behind the driver headlight. Should be a steady stream with very little to no bubbles. Many bubbles indicates a low charge. It sounds like it's not at the proper charge and the pressure switch cuts the clutch off. I would have whomever refilled the system verify the proper level of refrigerant is in there.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #75 of 97 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 08:21 AM
Aficionado

Found out that this shop overcharged my system by.5lbs!! My ac works great now but I still have that gurgling sound.

Semper Fi!

SXE10 CREW MID-SOUTH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS300 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page