Lexus IS Forum banner

Avoided accident; great handling!

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ISFAN 
#1 ·
Another adventure on my six mile commute...A woman pulled out right in front of me - damn Camry drivers! I was going about 40-45 and all of the sudden she pulls out - about 30 feet in front of me (if that) - in that split second I'm thinking, "she's not really pulling out, is she?"

So, again, in a millisecond I swerve into the oncoming traffic lane
I guess it was a knee jerk reaction but luckily no one was coming towards me. I wonder if in that split second I actually realized that no one was coming or if it was pure luck?

Anyway, at that point I swerved past her and back into my lane. If I hadn't done it this way I don't see how I wouldn't have plowed into her.

The car was unbelivable in this accident avoidance manuever - because it was quick turn of the wheel to avoid and then a quick turn of the wheel back - kinda like what they do around some cones to simulate such a situation.

Thank God me and my millenium silver came out unscathed.

Feel confident that if you are put into this situation the car will come through.

See less See more
#2 ·
My accident was a split second decision as well, I was traveling about 20 mph faster though. I must have clipped on my rear end cause there is no way my car should have spun out of control the way it did. I'm still confident with the handling.

Glad to hear you didn't crush your front end, believe me it's a horrible sight.

#6 ·
Originally posted by ISFAN:
It is very rarely I will post from work. They monitor our internet use. I do read at work, but will post when I get home.

I am getting some flack from the wife as well, so I have to limit for awhile.

Ironic in that you volunteered to moderate...Mrs. FAN will love that. I can hear it now, "But honey, I'm moderating!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.