User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Driver window malfunction

Good afternoon,

Everytime i try to put my window up, it auto downs about 1 inch. Sometimes i have to keep tapping the up button little by little for the window to go up and not auto back down. Can this be a blown fuse? I already checked a different window switch and still the same outcome. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 12:44 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 49 Post(s)

it does that if there is any pressure on it. Something could be in the track or something causing resistance. Mine does the same thing but its noticeably catching on something. If i just hold it rather than using the auto function it goes all the way up. Doesnt bother me enough to take it apart at the moment.

2004 IS300 Eshift
BRZ 4.1 LSD - 18x8.5 Evo X Enkei's - Koni
- Tein - Stoptech - EBC - Tanabe
Thread: https://my.is/forums/f219/tvl3rds-2004-is300-565586/
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 01:44 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvl3rd View Post
it does that if there is any pressure on it. Something could be in the track or something causing resistance. Mine does the same thing but its noticeably catching on something. If i just hold it rather than using the auto function it goes all the way up. Doesnt bother me enough to take it apart at the moment.
I'm in the same boat with my driver side window. I just hold the switch. Maybe I'll tear into the door one day. But only if I'm REALLY bored. It still works, so im not gonna be the reason it doesn't. Lol

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 04:58 PM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Mine has also been doing this for the past few years and it's been getting worse. Mine is doing it because it must be off track just a tad and it catches at the very top of the door. Sometimes if I'm at highway speed and I roll my window up, it'll actually pop closed or not close all the way due to the vacuum. I'm going to have to tear into it and figure it out once it's warmer.

01 IS300 - MSM - 240k mile high club

Currently in: snow mode

BRZ Differential w/ 4.1 -- K&N FIPK Intake -- CXRacing Coilovers -- IS350 18" Wheels -- Greddy Lip [RIP :(]

Hotchkis Sways -- OBX Shorty Headers -- Custom Magnaflow Catback

"Gotta work on the nut behind the wheel before you start fixing bolts on the car"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Glad to see this and hope I can help. When mine did this awhile back, I found a topic that said slam your door shut hard and it will fix the fuses or something like that in the door panel. To my surprise I did exactly that and it has worked ever since. Can’t remember if the car had to be on or off and if the window had to be up or down but to be safe I would try it with the window up and car off at first. Turn it on and see if it does it again. Hope this helps
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 02:53 PM
Fiend

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)

i have seen similar issues on friends cars (not an IS) and it was fixed by resetting the window motor pressure setting and its zero position. There was a sequence on their car they had to follow, but seemed to work ok afterwards. Not sure if the IS is the same, would need to look up the process in the manual or possibly try disconnecting the battery for a while.

2001 Altezza Gita JCE10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > Altezza Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page