User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Altezza Door Question

I've been trying to get more information on this for the last few weeks and thought asking some altezza people would yield the best results. I'm an IS300 owner and I'm looking at lightening up my car but one of my thoughts was to switch to the altezza doors. My reasoning behind this decision is that in my experience with jdm cars is that there are many differences in safety standards from Japan to the USA. I know the IS300 doors I believe both front and rear have a hefty safety bar that runs the span of the inner door. Does the Altezza have these as well? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, pictures would be nice also.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 05:28 AM
Enthusiast

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV4_chic View Post
I've been trying to get more information on this for the last few weeks and thought asking some altezza people would yield the best results. I'm an IS300 owner and I'm looking at lightening up my car but one of my thoughts was to switch to the altezza doors. My reasoning behind this decision is that in my experience with jdm cars is that there are many differences in safety standards from Japan to the USA. I know the IS300 doors I believe both front and rear have a hefty safety bar that runs the span of the inner door. Does the Altezza have these as well? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, pictures would be nice also.

Thank you.
Just cut the beams out. But if you drive on the street. I would think twice or put a cage. The beams are not that heavy.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 02:28 PM
Mr. Roo

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)

There are carbon fiber doors available, if you really want to be so extreme about it

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Follower

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)

I have only had the rear inner door panel off my Altezza (photo below), its a Gita (SportX) but they have the side impact bars as well. 1st generation Altezza may be different but i doubt it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1922.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	118489  

2001 Altezza Gita JCE10
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasSing View Post
There are carbon fiber doors available, if you really want to be so extreme about it
I've seen those and fibre glass ones as well. I'm hoping to not have to get that serious with the mods but if I do then I do. I've also considered drill/cutting some of the material out to help lighten it up, which may mean I'll get to cutting the bar out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > Altezza Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page