post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmp View Post
For the first installation, I'm interested on how you dealt with the wheel lock, the transponder in the key, and of course your custom board. You gotta sell it or share it!

Second installation, by far the cleanest, but I'm pretty sure you could only accomplish what you did with an aftermarket security/starter, right?

Here's mine. Requires the key, can't turn it off with the button.

YouTube - 2IS Start Button in IS300

If there was enough interest in the setup I might work on making kits, but you'd still have to get someone sharp to install it. The steering lock is an easy fix, once you remove the ignition tumbler. Just rotate it 180 degrees around the column.

Take a look at this: Wireless Devices

05 Manual GGP, "D" Package, SRT Intake, Iridium plugs, Konig Prophets wrapped in NT555's, B&G Lowering Springs, SS Brake Lines, DOT4 flush, Performance Pads & Rotors, Grom iPhone Adapter, Altezza Chrome Grille, Clear sides, Blue LED interior, RFID Keyless Ignition, Push Button/Remote start/alarm. Next up; FI?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Hi guys I haven't forgot about you lot just been really busy with work not even been in own country working in Qatar anyway...

Iwill try and put a write up together but I was inthe process of redesigning the kit to allow more controll and security

I'm still looking at making my steering lock electronic not wanting to remove it after all it's an extra bit of secuirity to put car thieves off....

Sorry for the delay

Rabs
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

what if someone break in to your IS...and just push the start button...and drove off?? cause looks like you don't need the key chip in it???

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowCow View Post
what if someone break in to your IS...and just push the start button...and drove off?? cause looks like you don't need the key chip in it???
I have an after market security system with dual stage ignition immobiliser. standard key not required. also if i unlock the car there is only30 seconds to start the car, before the immobiliser kicks back in.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Aficionado

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabster View Post
I have an after market security system with dual stage ignition immobiliser. standard key not required. also if i unlock the car there is only30 seconds to start the car, before the immobiliser kicks back in.
wow, that sounds so cool!
so is your car totally "key-less"?
What after market security system do you have?
when will you be posting the write up on this?

ps: sorry for so many questions, it just sounds so cool! lol

05 IS300
06 IS250
07 335XI
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Garage
That is really sick!
I would also like to know which security system you use.

Too many people try to impress others and build their car to what they know someone will like.
You lose sight on what you like, when you simulate your likes around others dislikes.
-PhillyB

What the Fitment
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Hi guys its not totally key less yet here in the uk insurance companies get funny if you dont have a steering lock ( or so im told)

I will probably be working on this over the winter months as its show season now no time to have the car in pieces lol

i intend on fitting a solenoid to control the steering lock i mean after all its a manual pin that pushes in now so why cant it be electronic...

Im using a clifford Avantguard 5.5 system so over there its a DEI unit...

The write up is coming as im not happy about posting up a half finished project if you catch me....
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Under House Arrest

would this be applicable for a is300?
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Lurker

Thought I'd throw in my two cents, I did this on my ford tempo for about 30 bucks back in the day (far shittier job, far older car, mind you not trying to brag) and though the car was old, and you could drive it, you could only go in a straight line. The wheel lock is mechanical, therefore you still actually need the key in (and in the drive position, mind you) to drive. For my Tempo, I had three switches. Two on/off and one momentary contact. One was for accessories, one for ignition on, and the momentary for the starter engage, all of which was just sitting in the steering column. When I wired both the accessory and ignition together on one switch, with or without the key, I couldn't just have it on accessory, so I changed it cuz I could lol.

I don't really trust myself to do it on this car (FUCK playing around with steering columns with airbags) but it sure is a fun little project for old cars.
-quick note, if you have a manual, you can engineer a switch to fool the NSS, but that's dangerous waters...

'04 TCM SD 5MT
VIS Hood, VIS Grille, 5Zigens, JoeZ, 1200W amp pushing 3000W subs. RalcoRZ SS,
ARMY Linguist - I speak afghani so you don't have to.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 12:47 AM
Lurker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabster View Post
i intend on fitting a solenoid to control the steering lock i mean after all its a manual pin that pushes in now so why cant it be electronic...
I looked into that idea but without a certain amount of "testing" for the Transport safety board you can't put an electric solenoid on the steering lock, because if you have a power surge or loss of current your steering could lock on the highway!

So if it's not "legal" to have the solenoid setup, I figured why not go without it altogether?

05 Manual GGP, "D" Package, SRT Intake, Iridium plugs, Konig Prophets wrapped in NT555's, B&G Lowering Springs, SS Brake Lines, DOT4 flush, Performance Pads & Rotors, Grom iPhone Adapter, Altezza Chrome Grille, Clear sides, Blue LED interior, RFID Keyless Ignition, Push Button/Remote start/alarm. Next up; FI?
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Lurker

you did a great job! i wish i could do this to my car
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrosteviac View Post
I looked into that idea but without a certain amount of "testing" for the Transport safety board you can't put an electric solenoid on the steering lock, because if you have a power surge or loss of current your steering could lock on the highway!

So if it's not "legal" to have the solenoid setup, I figured why not go without it altogether?
yeah imvery against taking it out completely after all its there for a reason lol, im thinking of retrofitting the solenoid from a late spec car which has undergone thorough testing, it would be connected to the alarm so there is no way the lock can go on if there is a stall etc on the car only if the doors are locked ....
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

any update on this?

2013 NGP GS350 F SPORT

2002 MSM IS300

MODS:

/StopTech Drilled/Slotted Rotor/L-Tuned Side Skirt/ L-Tuned Rear Skirt/ TRD Spoiler/ Painted Caliper W/ Lexus Decals/ Stance GR+/
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Still working on this possibly the entire column may be replaced in order to go keyless just a matter of finding which one will fit straight in...
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrosteviac View Post
damn....that is hot! must know how you did that!

05 IS300 (MSM)|5-Spd w/LSD
73 240Z|4-Spd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS200 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page