User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Wheels

Hey, people. I've been thinking about getting a nice set of street wheels for my IS. I currently have a set of Drag DR-34's which look great but are obviously a cheap, heavy, weak knock-off. I've seen the VMR V710FF's, and they look pretty similar. Are those the wheels that mine were modeled after? Please let me know what the original design was, and I'd like suggestions on what to get for my next set. They're gonna replace the Drags. They need to be high quality and functional (even though 19 inches isn't exactly functional lol), but what worries me more than anything is the looks for this particular set. Let me know what your favorite wheels are on these cars and any recommendations you may have (please post the wheels on an IS300 if you have or can find a picture). This might turn into a wheel compilation thread for the IS300. By the way, I like lip and concave wheels, but I know not much of that can be achieved with the stock body. I'm also looking for 19's, MAYBE 18's but definitely not anything bigger or smaller. I also want the wheels to be forged OR some high-quality casting process like flow-forming. I will post a picture of my car shortly. Please, no stance crap. I'm gonna be 1-1.5 inches lower than stock, I'll be adding the TRD lip kit, and I have to confirm which offset fits, but I'm thinking of running something like a 19x8.5 +45 on a 245/30/19. They can be staggered too. My car is white, and I think that the black on the wheels is a gorgeous contrast for the paint, so I will likely want my next set to be black too. Also, please no flamming or arguing in this thread, thanks.

Last edited by son-of-an-IS; 12-16-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Wheels

oops. mods, please delete this accidental double-post

Last edited by son-of-an-IS; 12-16-2015 at 01:41 PM. Reason: double-post
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

C'mon, guys.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage
wheels

hi there

i fitted a set of 19 inch and it was the best way for me
and is also white the silver wheels with a bit of black looks good
with the car's colour

try this site for a couple of rim joices
Stamford Sport Wheels
Alloy Wheels for Your 2005 Lexus IS200 All Models - Rimstyle.com

hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Showroom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page