User Tag List

24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Roo

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)

Yeah the group buy would have only been 10% off, so only like $10 lol. Still worth every penny!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I received the unit today and installed it within 30 minutes. One thing I noticed that my hyper flash was gone but my flasher warning is still lit on my cluster. Is it suppose to turn off too or still be one since I have LEDs? Also after installing I noticed that my DRLs don't turn on now. Is that suppose to happen too or did something happen during installation? Overall I'm satisfied with my order and the unit. I really enjoy the strobe package!
post #48 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Roo

^^^ What is a "flasher warning"? And this thing has nothing to do with the DRLs lol.

post #49 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 12:44 AM

^^^ Since I changed the bulbs to LED's it uses less voltage so the car thinks that the bulb is "out" and so it sets off the light in the cluster telling you that one of the blinkers are out. Also I know that the relay has nothing to do with the DRL's but i was just curious because it stopped working after i installed it, but im not blaming it on the unit
post #50 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 01:24 AM
Follower

Anyone installed this with regular stock bulbs?

Nice write-up. Thanks!

IS300 - it's a Love/Hate relationship.
post #51 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 05:43 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RrAaCcOoOoNn View Post
^^^ Since I changed the bulbs to LED's it uses less voltage so the car thinks that the bulb is "out" and so it sets off the light in the cluster telling you that one of the blinkers are out. Also I know that the relay has nothing to do with the DRL's but i was just curious because it stopped working after i installed it, but im not blaming it on the unit
The warning light is only for tail and brake lights, not for the signals.
post #52 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Lurker

nice i will check it out too thks
post #53 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Roo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RrAaCcOoOoNn View Post
That's the brake light bulb indicator lol, not the signals. You could always put the stock flasher back in to see if the DRLs work again, I've got mine disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallab View Post
Anyone installed this with regular stock bulbs?

Nice write-up. Thanks!
It works fine with stock bulbs, you can see videos of it on a Subaru with regular bulbs.
post #54 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-21-2014, 10:44 PM

Well I got my Tap Turn today and installed it. Here is a quick summary on how to install as there are no instructions.

The flasher relay module is located behind the fuse box in the driver side kick panel.

1. (this step not necessary but made it way easier) I removed the foot rest by the clutch so I had room to pry the fuse box out. Just pull it hard its held in by 2 plastic clips that you can get at.

2. Remove the Driver side kick panel so you can see the fuse box. This is covered on the forum in detail but heres a rundown. There is a black finger screw by the pedals, just use your fingers to unscrew it. I also unpop the plastic trim along the side of the frame next to the seat where it meets the kick panel to make it easier to pull it off. Now pull the kick panel towards you and it will pop off.

3. Now you are looking at a beige colored fuse box. Along the bottom is a silver 10mm bolt. Use a ratchet and extension to unscrew this.

CLOSE UP

4. Near the top you will see a pink box. There is another silver 10mm bolt. Unscrew that.....youll need the extension so you are not super uncomfortable.

5. Stick a flat head behind the lower part of the fuse box and pry the box forward so that you can see the RED flasher relay (its also labeled FLASHER on the back of the fuse box).

6. There are plastic clips on either side of the relay, one you can see the other you cannot. Pry off one side and then yank the relay out.

7. Stick new Tap Turn relay in and hit your hazards to make sure it works.

8. Re assemble.

Hope thats helpful
TobiasSing likes this.
post #55 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-21-2014, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Roo

Yeah, we've got a DIY or two on how to do this, I posted a pic there. But good idea to post that here as well, that's exactly what I did!
post #56 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014, 12:13 AM

Oh I didn't realize that you had posted a DIY. Oh well at least it's a very complete thread lol. Thanks again for showing all of us this mod!
TobiasSing likes this.
post #57 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

You're going to give people a seizure with this setup
TobiasSing likes this.
post #58 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Roo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhiguy View Post
You're going to give people a seizure with this setup
and you're giving everyone a migrane with all these posts XD lol Irvin
post #59 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 12:01 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I had a question about this module. I had one of these in my 2015 WRX, but it actually ended up causing an electrical fault with my BIU (Body Integration Unit, basically an ECU used for the interior) which was a hassle to deal with. Has anyone ran these modules, well custom relay, on their IS300 without any issues? Were you running OEM bulbs or were you able to just run plug and play with LED's no problem?

======================================
1989 Nissan 240sx Coupe
2002 Lexus IS300 SportCross
2007 Nissan 350Z
2015 Subaru WRX
post #60 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Roo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tihsho View Post
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I had a question about this module. I had one of these in my 2015 WRX, but it actually ended up causing an electrical fault with my BIU (Body Integration Unit, basically an ECU used for the interior) which was a hassle to deal with. Has anyone ran these modules, well custom relay, on their IS300 without any issues? Were you running OEM bulbs or were you able to just run plug and play with LED's no problem?
I (creator of this thread) have been running this same flasher relay module since I installed it ... wow, 5 years ago. It's been absolutely flawless. I have all LED bulbs all around. Since this time, Diode Dynamics has also released a cheaper version. But this car isn't a WRX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Showroom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page