Q:Royal Purple oil color? went to dealer for oil change, did i get something else? - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Loyalist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Q:Royal Purple oil color? went to dealer for oil change, did i get something else?

okay so the title is a lil vague... heres the thing... the place i normally go to for service doesn't do them anymore and being i live in an apartment complex and don't have any tools (more so a jack or needed stands) nor did i have the needed time to do it myself. i know excuses im truely lazy and rather pay someone else to get their hands dirty for only $30 bux

anywayz i purchased my own royal purple oil and took it into the dealer to have them change the oil. now i know the stuff is purple when its still in the container and once it gets into the engine it eventually turns brownish. but me being not too trusting and somewhat paranoid i suppose decided to check under the hood. and the oil is clear in color.

so my question is for the other guys currently running RP oil, what color is your oil after a week or so? clear and shiny or still somewhat purple? am i really just being paranoid?

01' SBM slightly modded & updated... VERTEX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Fiend

if your checking it on the dipstick there isnt enough on the stick its self to show you an exact color other then brown. i checked mine after about 800 miles and its pretty clear and transparent. remember there are other oils left over from previous changes, oil heating up and cooling changes oil color as well as engine gunk and crap thats built up. on another note. when i had my engine out i drained and tipped the engine in every direction i could to get every bit of oil out. i only use royal and dude the shit that came outta my engine was un godly.

FOR SALE 2002 is300 w58
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Twisties Addict

prolly being a little paranoid. especially after 800 miles.
I use Rp oil only and maybe right after i put the oil in its still a light purple haze but still looks like regular oil after a short while. Royal purple really isnt THAT purple.

2010-Rossion Q1
2003 CW IS300 5spd ---"Back in the game"
Lotus Exige S--Sold
04 Turbo IS3--475[email protected]450[email protected]----SOLD :(

StraIght LiNes DoN't MeAn Sh*T when you have lowering springs

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 12:00 AM

its turns regular color right after a 15 mins or so .. so its normal
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Loyalist

i figured i was jus being paranoid

01' SBM slightly modded & updated... VERTEX
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Addict

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

take the dipstick out and wipe with a white paper towel. depending on how many miles u already had post oil change, the oil should appear to be a little purple-ish on the paper towel. looking at the dipstick may not be accurate.

'01 SBM. TT internals & cams, EMU, PFS built tranny & 3" exhaust. 446 (pump)/535 (mix) rwhp. JDM Wald, Custom BBK (8 pistons front and 4 pistons rear), GT-N (18x8 F & 18x10 R)

LC NE013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Showroom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page