User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Mr. Roo

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)

haha yeah, love a blue IS! Love it even more with LS430s!! I need to get mine done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 02:22 PM
Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasSing View Post
You got those head lights for $75?? Wow what a steal, this has to be a record for lowest $$$ retrofit lol.

Interesting to see how low the projectors sit in the reflectors. Looks good overall!

You should raise the driver's side cutoff to match the other side (if you want)

Definitely put the lights on a metal baking sheet or something. And the lights come apart at 230 no problem, I tend to leave mine in for a long time at lower temperatures just to prevent any kind of damage. Higher heat and faster heatup/cool down times will ruin the chrome inside and ruin the lens eventually.

Thanks for the shoutout! Though you really didn't do anything like me except for the black primer + chrome rings lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tobias!

Need your help bud: I want to make my DRL's purple on my aftermarket lamps (H1 bulb) - will I need to retrofit the entire Ballast with a new HID kit?

Is there a way to get the low beam DRL purple? If anyone would know its got to be you!!

<3 IS LUV <3
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 02:57 PM
Mr. Roo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh469 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tobias!

Need your help bud: I want to make my DRL's purple on my aftermarket lamps (H1 bulb) - will I need to retrofit the entire Ballast with a new HID kit?

Is there a way to get the low beam DRL purple? If anyone would know its got to be you!!
interesting place to ask an interesting question.

I might be confused. Typically, the DRL is on the high beam, not the low beam. The high beam is normally halogen. You somehow have the DRL on the low beam HID? Or what? I assume you don't want to have purple headlights on the road at night But if you mean to change the color of the HID, you can do that just by swapping the bulb, as long as it still connects to the ballast the same way. Ballast just powers the bulb, the bulb determines color.

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 03:13 PM
Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasSing View Post
interesting place to ask an interesting question.

I might be confused. Typically, the DRL is on the high beam, not the low beam. The high beam is normally halogen. You somehow have the DRL on the low beam HID? Or what? I assume you don't want to have purple headlights on the road at night But if you mean to change the color of the HID, you can do that just by swapping the bulb, as long as it still connects to the ballast the same way. Ballast just powers the bulb, the bulb determines color.
FAKC Sorry - I asked it wrong. Brain working Fingers not keeping up..

I just ordered the DRL (High beam) bulb and am going to see if this works. What do you think?

If it sucks, I am only out 10$

<3 IS LUV <3
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 02:16 PM
Mr. Roo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh469 View Post
I just ordered the DRL (High beam) bulb and am going to see if this works. What do you think?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
oooooh boy LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Showroom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page