• 4 Post By garrettej8

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)

My car hit the dyno recently

So I finally made it to a dyno to get my car tuned. It's running AEM Infinity and it went pretty smoothly. On the mustang dyno (which usually read low compared to dynojet's) it made 480whp/420wtq on a conservative tune at 20psi.

My mod list can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

My instagram @garrett2jz has pics if you want to see some of the build process and parts used

Here's a few pulls on the dyno for your viewing and listening pleasure (headphone users beware)

blkdout, c1L, polish man and 1 others like this.

2002 Black Onyx IS300 5-speed w/LSD: GTE VVTi, AEM Infinity, BW S363, R154
665whp/600wtq on ethanol
my instagram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 10:33 AM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)

Great numbers and solid build!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 02:23 PM
c1L
Fiend

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)

Garage
Awesome build man congrats

2002 IS300 1095rwhp Alpha Tuned

Spring Setup - 10:1 GTE Motor,T56, Ford 8.8 IRS, ProEFI128, 7175 GT42

My Build Thread

ig - cillyotta

RIP MIKEY #msperformance #empireperformance

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 04:29 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

This is so sick. Congrats bro you earned it.

Last edited by Church401; 01-07-2017 at 04:49 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 12:37 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Great numbers. I have a fairly similar build but couldn't find a manual donor car. So I have limited my hp to run the a650. What is the limiting factor to your build? What is stopping you at 480?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthquazi View Post
Great numbers. I have a fairly similar build but couldn't find a manual donor car. So I have limited my hp to run the a650. What is the limiting factor to your build? What is stopping you at 480?
Well the number is rather low considering other dynos. On a dynojet it would probably make a bit more or less than 530. The limiting factor in my setup is 93 pump gas and my small 725cc ID injectors. I'm pretty happy with the way it runs and e85 is scarce in my area (only 1 or 2 pumps within 20 miles)

Other than fuel and the fact that I wanted a more conservative tune, the r154 breaking will always be in the back of my mind but it feels solid so far.

665whp/600wtq on ethanol
my instagram
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 09:21 PM
Frequenter

That's good. I built mine with 1000cc sard injectors because they were actually cheaper than others. But everytime I really get in it, I expect to blow the transmission.

How are your cold starts. Mine will not run for crappy. Also mine will intermittently stall. I took it to the most reputable shop in the area to have it tuned. There are very few shops that work with infinity. I am thinking it is the trade off for running the 1000cc.

Also I average about 14mpg.what are you getting?

Sorry for the questions. I have been running this setup since middle summer and haven't got to talk to anyone with a fairly similar setup
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 09:46 PM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)

I tested some SARDs a long time ago on injector bench and they didn't handle low puslewidths (like you would need at idle) very well, there was a pretty big difference between injectors, and spray pattern wasn't amazing. If the injectors are the same style from the older era, then your idle may improve swapping to a more modern matched set like Injector dynamics.

Gas mileage would depend on your tune. 14 mpg in the city is probably reasonable. But if you are on the highway getting 14mpg, you need some more work on the tune side.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthquazi View Post
That's good. I built mine with 1000cc sard injectors because they were actually cheaper than others. But everytime I really get in it, I expect to blow the transmission.

How are your cold starts. Mine will not run for crappy. Also mine will intermittently stall. I took it to the most reputable shop in the area to have it tuned. There are very few shops that work with infinity. I am thinking it is the trade off for running the 1000cc.

Also I average about 14mpg.what are you getting?

Sorry for the questions. I have been running this setup since middle summer and haven't got to talk to anyone with a fairly similar setup
If it's below 40F outside it takes a couple of cranks but I've been providing some datalogs for my tuner so he can help resolve some of the cold start issues. The idle is a bit erratic before the coolant gets to over 60F or so then it's fine. The stock DBW is being the most problematic so far. On decel sometimes the throttle takes over about 1-2% and there's a bit of rev hang. This should be fixed soon with a few adjustments to the DBW settings.

As for gas mileage we're about the same. My fuel gauge is off by about 1/4 tank so I've been filling at 100 miles or so if I can. My last calculation was 15mpg but that was mixed cruising/WOT as it's hard not to listen to the turbo sometimes

Because of the DBW issue it's not leaning out past 15 AFR on decel so that probably contributes to the poor gas mileage.

665whp/600wtq on ethanol
my instagram
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 12:48 AM
Frequenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthe View Post
I tested some SARDs a long time ago on injector bench and they didn't handle low puslewidths (like you would need at idle) very well, there was a pretty big difference between injectors, and spray pattern wasn't amazing. If the injectors are the same style from the older era, then your idle may improve swapping to a more modern matched set like Injector dynamics.

Gas mileage would depend on your tune. 14 mpg in the city is probably reasonable. But if you are on the highway getting 14mpg, you need some more work on the tune side.
Good to know. I will look into it. I am getting 14 with a mix. I do a lot of boosted driving so I'm not too worried about it being off.

I would love a chance to get a better tune. There are just none around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Showroom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page