User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Fokai 1008

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Garage
yes that would be a vmount on a rx7 fc, but its still can be done on a is300.. this is not my first build and i understand you guys dont know me. I dont follow the leader. My car will have a vmount because what it does for your motor and since ill have one ill need a functioning hood. since this hood isnt going to happen, I got the uras mold so i can do my own thing and if someone likes it i can always make more..

ISR220 Build
https://my.is/forums/f219/isr220-neo-...2011-a-391109/
Sponsors-ShowStoppersUSA, Pit Crew motorsports, FineLine Tuning, Swift Springs USA, and FOKAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Technical Poseur

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)

Like I said the V-mount CAN be done on the IS BUT it is FAR more difficult than another car with more room.

Poster, I mean poster. What have I done?
post #108 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Fokai 1008

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tom- View Post
Like I said the V-mount CAN be done on the IS BUT it is FAR more difficult than another car with more room.
true i didnt say you didnt say it...i can see this is still gong no where..its getting to the point of beating a dead dog..its only fun until his eyes start falling out

ISR220 Build
Sponsors-ShowStoppersUSA, Pit Crew motorsports, FineLine Tuning, Swift Springs USA, and FOKAI

post #109 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Technical Poseur

No no, it really sounds like a great idea but more on a one off basis than a mass produced hood. And thats what I have been getting at the whole time, whats stopping you from having a one off part no one else has? I think the idea is great if you have the gall to do the whole setup BUT its for more work than MOST IS owners are willing to do.

I've never really heard anyone complain that CF hoods were too expensive on the IS before you came along

post #110 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Class III Aficionado

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
No no, it really sounds like a great idea but more on a one off basis than a mass produced hood. And thats what I have been getting at the whole time, whats stopping you from having a one off part no one else has? I think the idea is great if you have the gall to do the whole setup BUT its for more work than MOST IS owners are willing to do.

I've never really heard anyone complain that CF hoods were too expensive on the IS before you came along
Avernier

Vice President and CTO of The A.S.S

Im sorry, but having a DB9 on the drive and not driving it is a bit like having Keira Knightley in your bed and sleeping on the couch. - Jezza
post #111 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Technical Poseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmonkey View Post
Avernier
Hes poor and from AL or MS or some other tragic Katrina victim state. what do you expect.

post #112 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Fokai 1008

Garage
Quote:
Hes poor and from AL or MS or some other tragic Katrina victim state. what do you expect.
im poor too but thats becuase i just dumped thousands into building a corolla, 400 bucks for a cf oem style hood is reasonable 1600 for a cf hood is not

My goal is to build a track worthy is300 with out going broke...

ISR220 Build
post #113 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 02:36 AM
Deity

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkevildrifter View Post
So dmax offers hoods at wonderful pricing, they are a known reputable company from japan( JDM tyte yo)...Dmax is not a ebay/chinese knock company, they make sure everything is oem fitment.
Just FYI's, company can be Japanese, R&D can be done in Japan; however, having the production taken place in China doesn't mean it won't fit perfectly, there are good ones and bad ones in China. Many reputable aero-brands (and non-aero) base in Japan have relocated the production to China or Taiwan because cost gone up in Japan while Q.C. improved in other places; for example (and sorry if I'm shattering the perfect image that these companies have in anyone's mentality), just to hint a few reputable aero-makers in the Mitsubishi/Subaru/s2k/350z community that produces its products in China recently, Vo_ _ex.

Sadly, even when the R&D that's done in-house in Japan, the product quality can still go very very wrong; one reputable brand that I've personally experienced the worst $20k USD I've ever spent on aero-alone has got to be with Top S _ _ RET; and it's not because its mold has gone old/bad or anything, I was the first one besides its own company demo vehicle to ever have that aero kit.

Thus, just because it's a "Japanese" brand, that doesn't mean much; many vendors from Japan are selling products feeding off from its past reputation or reputation from a field that no longer profit. I don't blame them for outsourcing at all, and eventually there will be more people finding out the truth behind the real production location being else-where and start to believe that Q.C. has improved gradually in the recent years in (parts of) China & Taiwan; ofcourse, there's always a handful of bad apples that can ruin everything, but the fact that even these "Japanese" brands have relocated their production outside of Japan is a straight fact.

Besides the excellent product knowledge, I'm really curious how deep your network knowledge is in the industry both domestically and internationally (especially on the manufacturing end), since you kept on highlighting your past experience through multiple car-builds and the ability to purchase a production-mold from another Japanese vendor.

Will you be in Vegas in about 10 days? I'll be more than happy to meet you in person and get to know who's really behind the driven-force of this thread.

D*Sport Mag Cover Article :: PAS Mag Featured Article :: ADDX Mag Featured Article ::
Modified Mag Featured Article :: Import Tuner Featured Article :: ACCESS Mag Featured Article::
TunerZine Dual Cover... most featured IS300 in the media history.
2006 World Champion NCCA Best Lexus & 2009 SEMA Lexus Challenge Champion
post #114 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Fokai 1008

Garage
sorry to hear about your loss and its funny you ask am i going to be at sema? or at the drift comp on the 31st in primm? or at ATRA Expo on the 31st? the answer to all is nope..the next time im in vegas may be for Vegas Drift but this event on nov 22nd(at WSIR) is the end of my season until the is300 is together..
Thanks for your word and it is the truth about chinese made parts..some people still dont wanna believe greddy coilovers are made in taiwan and Exedy makes Cusco/HKS clutchs..I just posted the whole JDM thing because i know theres people out there who really care about if its jdm or not..

also when i say built cars i dont mean for show..i went down that road along time ago with HIN and a rx7..never again

ISR220 Build
post #115 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Fiend

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Does the hood come in teal?

Sending tire particles to the land of wind and ghosts...
post #116 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Technical Poseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOXCAR View Post
Why do you keep asking if things come in teal? haha

post #117 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Guru

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOXCAR View Post
Quote:
Why do you keep asking if things come in teal? haha

Signature goes here.
post #118 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Deity

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
sorry to hear about your loss and its funny you ask am i going to be at sema? or at the drift comp on the 31st in primm? or at ATRA Expo on the 31st?
neither, just thought you would be the type that have this type of fun with their cars:

Quote:
also when i say built cars i dont mean for show..i went down that road along time ago with HIN and a rx7..never again
neither was that i meant, i thought it'd be something at a different caliber, for the runs like mexico runs, texas miles or rallies like gumball or gold rush..

cheers.

D*Sport Mag Cover Article :: PAS Mag Featured Article :: ADDX Mag Featured Article ::
Modified Mag Featured Article :: Import Tuner Featured Article :: ACCESS Mag Featured Article::
TunerZine Dual Cover... most featured IS300 in the media history.
2006 World Champion NCCA Best Lexus & 2009 SEMA Lexus Challenge Champion
post #119 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmonkey View Post
Avernier
Screw you. I Could deal a low blow but i won't....lol.

Quote:
And screw you. I LIVE in alabama, I'm FROM St. Louis (and you know that), and I'm GOING to Canada. also, sigged....

1st Gen Elitist
01 Satin White IS300 Sedan w/ Sportcross conversion.
Broken, Beaten, Ugly, Riced out, and loved. Some people will never understand.
Quote:
RIVALHOUSEGARAGEDOTCOM
post #120 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

For the record, I never said that authentic hoods such as elixer, and bn sports were expensive compared to other cars, i merely complain that there are no cheap knock-offs of such things for our car, as i dont really care about the authenticity of such things.

1st Gen Elitist
01 Satin White IS300 Sedan w/ Sportcross conversion.
Broken, Beaten, Ugly, Riced out, and loved. Some people will never understand.
Quote:
RIVALHOUSEGARAGEDOTCOM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Showroom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page