The Comprehensive L-Tuned Thread * fixed images and files - Page 3 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 132 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.lindblom View Post
Also worth mentioning is that the L-tuned front bumper was based on the Legana, which many my.is members seem to call TRD Neo 1 for some reason.

The Legana bumper was developed for the IS200 that took part in the Targa Tasmania rally in 1999 and it got its name from a small township the first leg passes through. That year, the IS finished first in its class and also won in 2000 and 2001.

Legana bumper - Toyota part number (Platinum ice/MSM): 08164-53010-B0
Legana fog lights - 08590-53020

Both the bumper and the fog lights can still be bought from Toyota dealers in Japan and Australia. I ordered mine from a Toyota dealer in Tokyo and four days later my package arrived

Here's my supercharged IS200 with Legana bodykit (front bumper, TRD sideskirts and TRD rear skirt). I've also imported a set of L-tuned rims - VERSUS Campionato SS7 by Rays Engineering.

Outstanding!
Thanks for posting this bit of info. Learned something new today about L-Tuned and that almost never happens!

Legana-Tuned it is!

So to confirm, the NEO part number and Legana part number are the same Toyota part number?

Now who can tell me the difference between the NEO version 1 and version 2?

HappySMP
2002 Stage II L-Tuned IS300 - My Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 132 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Addict

More part numbers for the Legana Kit

Part numbers:
Front skirt...........................08154-53810
Rear skirt............................08158-53810
Side skirt............................08150-53810

HappySMP
post #33 of 132 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedoobert View Post
P.Lindblom!! i recognize you from the UK LOC boards!!

I read your DIY on retrofitting a portable navi into the IS and I couldn't be happier with my own retrofit =)

nice to see you here on my.IS!

oh yeah, and very nice L-Tuned (Legana over where you are) car!
Thank you. I haven't been to the LOC UK boards for a long time. Glad to hear my DIY helped you

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO 21 View Post
p.lindblom, beautiful!! any pics of the interior?, i see you have manual tranny..
Yep, it's got the standard 6-speed manual gearbox. You can find quite a few pictures of most of the details here: http://www.garaget.org/?car=56311

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmp View Post
Outstanding!
Thanks for posting this bit of info. Learned something new today about L-Tuned and that almost never happens!

Legana-Tuned it is!

So to confirm, the NEO part number and Legana part number are the same Toyota part number?

Now who can tell me the difference between the NEO version 1 and version 2?
No problem

"TRD NEO 1" is just another name for the Legana bumper, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love to know where the name comes from, though, as it doesn't seem to be used in any country where you can actually buy the bumper

I don't remember what the "TRD NEO 2" bumper is called in Europe and Asia, but I will let you know when I find out again. Here's a picture of the original Legana replacement:

post #34 of 132 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Extremist

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Garage
Wow that is awesome information p.lindblom.
I am so excited cause I just bought a Legana front bumper yesterday so it is on its way!
The member I bought it from actually has another one I believe if anyone is interested.
His sn is: is3finallymd

Too many people try to impress others and build their car to what they know someone will like.
You lose sight on what you like, when you simulate your likes around others dislikes.
-PhillyB

What the Fitment
post #35 of 132 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Here's some more info on the Legana Kit that was offered with the IS200 and pics as well!

"For buyers who want to customise their IS200s, there's a large range of accessories that includes four body kits and over 30 individual items.

Dress-up items include three separate body kits that range from mild (the Executive), to sporty (the Touring), to wild (the Legana), plus a Carbon-Fibre kit with a carbon-fibre steering wheel and exterior mirror covers.

Other options include differently-styled 17 inch alloy wheels, a forged tow-bar with quick release hitch, roof racks with a full range of attachments, acrylic headlamp covers, rear parking proximity sensors, a moulded boot liner and a boot luggage net.

the Legana kit comprises a totally new front bumper/spoiler assembly with built-in fog lamps, a mesh radiator grille, side skirts, a rear skirt and a high-level rear spoiler."

Lexus IS200 2.0L Sedan NRMA Car Review - NRMA Motoring & Services

"The Legana body kit, named after the Targa Tasmania special stage just outside Launceston, consists of an aggressive front bumper with fog lamps, a mesh radiator grille, black chrome headlamps, side and rear skirts and a high-level rear spoiler.

The high rear spoiler and a front airdam extension make up the Touring Sports kit.

A more subtle Executive body kit consists of the front skirt and a low-level rear spoiler.

The Carbon-Fibre kit adds a carbon-fibre sports steering wheel and carbon-fibre look exterior mirror covers.

"The range of accessory kits and individually available accessory items reflects the vehicle's younger target market," Lexus Australia national sales and marketing manager Rory Macdougall says. "

Lexus - Potent Lexus IS300 waits in the wings | GoAuto

[syd] 1jzgte vvti 300kw is200 - just 32k!!! - SupraForums.com.AU

HappySMP
post #36 of 132 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Altruist

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

NEO was the original name for the bumper in japan, legana is the name it got in uk.

JDM TRD NEO WIDEBODY
post #37 of 132 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Alright let's make this interesting guys.
Reppage going out to folks who post pics of the two other different body kits for the IS200

"the Executive", and "the Touring"

HappySMP
post #38 of 132 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 10:23 PM
Addict

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

nice job happy, I just looked at the brand new fogs, emblems, and mats I have all still brand new sealed..
Only component I never cared for is the L-tuned rear debating on what to use maybe NEO rear?

'02 MSM IS300TT L-Tuned 6spd.
2002 Lexus IS300TT 759rwhp 606tq @40psi (2004) Sold
'98 Toyota Supra Quicksilver TT 6spd. WOTM Built
'09 GMC Sierra SLT All Terrain/Texas Edition Z71 Black Bear Tuned
post #39 of 132 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexISpooled View Post
nice job happy, I just looked at the brand new fogs, emblems, and mats I have all still brand new sealed..
Only component I never cared for is the L-tuned rear debating on what to use maybe NEO rear?
Thanks!
If and when you bust out the mats; place another rear mat near the pedals or something else equivalent. These mats tend to wear quickly and easily.

Neo rear is the same as the l-tuned with shorter fitment. Save some cash, keep your usdm rear bumper and pick up a rear trd lip from nextmod. I'm still procrastinating on a front trd lip from them as well and hear all good things.

HappySMP
post #40 of 132 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 06:50 AM
Blue Devil

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.lindblom View Post
Yep, it's got the standard 6-speed manual gearbox. You can find quite a few pictures of most of the details here: http://www.garaget.org/?car=56311

GORGEOUS interior. i love our interior, still to the day one of the most gorgeous interiors of any car, but i love some of the subtlies that make it beautiful:
the altezza two-tone steering (i actually bought this, waiting to install it)
the brighter version "L" on the steering wheel
the grey piping on the seats
stock nav (although i like the american version larger screen better)
stick shift, of course!

©2006 my.IS
IS300 '01 - Spectra Blue Mica | ELIXIR | SRT 2.75 Turbo | V161 6-speed | Volk GT-M | Tein CS |

IS F '12 - Ultrasonic Blue Mica | ISS Forged Exhaust | WALD Diffuser | Ventross Trunk | Lexon Roof Spoiler |
post #41 of 132 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 06:54 AM
Blue Devil

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Garage
^^^ and WOWWWWWWWWWWWW i just looked at your photo gallery, what an AMAZZZZZING gauge cluster!! what does it say under the gas gauge? (something "sport"?)

©2006 my.IS
IS300 '01 - Spectra Blue Mica | ELIXIR | SRT 2.75 Turbo | V161 6-speed | Volk GT-M | Tein CS |

IS F '12 - Ultrasonic Blue Mica | ISS Forged Exhaust | WALD Diffuser | Ventross Trunk | Lexon Roof Spoiler |
post #42 of 132 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO 21 View Post
^^^ and WOWWWWWWWWWWWW i just looked at your photo gallery, what an AMAZZZZZING gauge cluster!! what does it say under the gas gauge? (something "sport"?)
Lexus Owner Club UK has some good stuff! We got them from the same guy. Stainless Steel Dash Dials FTW!

I believe he has 'Sport' engraved in his which is like UK's 'SportsDesign' logo. I got the guy to put TRD for mine
post #43 of 132 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmp View Post
Thanks!
If and when you bust out the mats; place another rear mat near the pedals or something else equivalent. These mats tend to wear quickly and easily.

Neo rear is the same as the l-tuned with shorter fitment. Save some cash, keep your usdm rear bumper and pick up a rear trd lip from nextmod. I'm still procrastinating on a front trd lip from them as well and hear all good things.
The NEO lip does not protrude out as much as the L-Tuned, I currently have the neo rear w trd lip. As for the mats thanks for the heads up now I don't want use them lol

'02 MSM IS300TT L-Tuned 6spd.
2002 Lexus IS300TT 759rwhp 606tq @40psi (2004) Sold
'98 Toyota Supra Quicksilver TT 6spd. WOTM Built
'09 GMC Sierra SLT All Terrain/Texas Edition Z71 Black Bear Tuned
post #44 of 132 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Lurker

Awesome thread informationa and pics!
post #45 of 132 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Frequenter

Wow... nice digging!

+ rep

04 MSM 5spd no LSD :(

JDM Altezza Antenna|JDM Altezza blue tinted side mirrors|JDM Altezza Window Visors|JDM Altezza Sport Grille|JDM Altezza Centre Caps|JDM Altezza "Non-Smoker" Box|JDM Altezza "Limited" Emblems|NGK Laser Iridium IFR6T11|NGK Plug Wires|HKS Hybrid|Joe-Z|HKS HIPERMAXX III|POWERSLOT|GOODRIDGE|HAWKHPS|ATEBLUE|OBX|A'PEXiWS2|TRDRACEsways|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Showroom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)