Lexus IS Forum banner

The Comprehensive L-Tuned Thread * fixed images and files

86K views 131 replies 57 participants last post by  sherpa 
#1 · (Edited)
In my 5+ years of searching for the complete L-Tuned package I came across a lot of information from the web, dealers, and some great people.

Here's everything you need to know about the discontinued L-Tuned line including original installation documents, US Trademark and Patents, brochure, TRD part numbers.

In August of 2001, Lexus launched a limited edition version of the IS300 called L-Tuned. Most of these cars were assembled at the dealer, however some were assembled at the port where they landed in the states; the only distinction being a sticker on the front windshield. These new L-Tuned versions came in two packages, a Stage I and Stage II which were comprised of various performance and cosmetic upgrades.

These upgrades included:

* L-Tuned Body Kit (Front Bumper with Fogs, Side Skirts, Rear Valence)
* L-Tuned Grille (TRD/Altezza Grille with L-Tuned Exterior badge)
* L-Tuned Spoiler (TRD)
* L-Tuned Springs (Rebranded Eibach Pro Kits)
* L-Tuned Sways (Rebranded Eibach Sway Bars)
* L-Tuned Exhaust (TRD)
* L-Tuned 18" wheels (Rebranded Rays Versus Campionato 225/40/18)
* L-Tuned Badges (3 Exterior, 1 Grille, 1 Interior Dash Badge)
* L-Tuned Floor Mats

The Original L-Tuned Packages were only available on Black Onyx, GGP and MSM.

Shortly after its release, the L-Tuned brand, a division of TRD was discontinued in 2003. Today, the L-Tuned brand is one of the rarest packages available for the IS300.

TRD Parts List
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, Spoiler - White # COTRD-54501-62
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, Spoiler - Silver # COTRD-54501-CO
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, Spoiler - Gray # COTRD-54501-C6
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, Spoiler - Black # COTRD-54501-02
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, Spoiler - Red # COTRD-54501-PO
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, Spoiler - Yellow # COTRD-54501-76
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, Spoiler - Gold # COTRD-54501-85
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, Spoiler - Green # COTRD-54501-R4
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, Spoiler - Blue # COTRD-54501-NB
RETAIL: $7210.72

Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, No Spoiler - White # COTRD-54502-62
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, No Spoiler - Silver # COTRD-54502-CO
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, No Spoiler - Gray # COTRD-54502-C6
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, No Spoiler - Black # COTRD-54502-02
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, No Spoiler - Red # COTRD-54502-PO
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, No Spoiler - Yellow # COTRD-54502-76
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, No Spoiler - Gold # COTRD-54502-85
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, No Spoiler - Green# COTRD-54502-R4
Body Kit with Grille, Fog lights, No Spoiler - Blue # COTRD-54502-NB
RETAIL: $6379.71

Spoiler Only - White #COTRD-08151-62
Spoiler Only - Silver #COTRD-08151-CO
Spoiler Only - Gray #COTRD-08151-C6
Spoiler Only - Black #COTRD-08151-02
Spoiler Only - Red #COTRD-08151-PO
Spoiler Only - Yellow #COTRD-08151-76
Spoiler Only - Gold #COTRD-08151-85
Spoiler Only - Green #COTRD-08151-R4
Spoiler Only - Blue #COTRD-08151-NB
RETAIL: $764.64

Grille Only #COTRD-53100-00
RETAIL: $403.97

L-Tuned Badge - Exterior #COTRD-05100-60
L-Tuned Badge - Interior #COTRD-05100-30
RETAIL: $86.57

Sport Muffler #COTRD-17500-07
RETAIL: $1359.04

Sway Bar set, front and rear #COTRD-48800-00
RETAIL: $513.84

Spring set w/bump stops #COTRD-48130-30
RETAIL: $520.21

Floor Mat set - Black #COTRD-35000-00
Floor Mat set - Ivory #COTRD-35000-01
RETAIL: $199.75

Wheel and Tire set - # Not available

TRD Sideskirt Gaskets (discontinued)
76925-x3501-BLK GASKET, #2 RH
76926-x3501-BLK GASKET, #2 LH
76927-x3501-BLK GASKET, #1 RH
76928-x3501-BLK GASKET, #1 LH

*** Use this single sided adhesive alternative 76875-06020-C0 *** Still available from Toyota Parts

Technical Specs
2003 Lexus IS300 L-Tuned
Base price $39,470
Price as tested $53,000 (estimated)
Type 4-door, 5-passenger sports sedan
Layout front-mounted inline-6, rear wheel drive
Engine 3.0L I-6, DOHC, 24 valves, Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i)
Horsepower 223 @ 5800 rpm (estimated)
Torque 218 lb-ft. @ 3800 rpm
Fuel premium
Transmission 5-speed manual
Curb weight 1485 kg (3274 lb.)
Wheelbase 2670 mm (105.1 in.)
Length 4485 mm (176.6 in.)
Height 1415 mm (55.7 in.)
Fuel consumption City: 13.1 L/100 km
Hwy: 8.6 L/100 km
Warranty 4 yrs/80,000 km

Canadian Driver Test Drive: 2003 Lexus IS300 L-Tuned

Hub Centric Rings for L-Tuned Wheels
Lexus IS300 bore size = 60.1mm or 60.06mm (these are equivalent), Outer diameter = 73mm

The Toyota L-Tuned Application for
US Trademark and Patent Document

L-Tuned Front Bumper and Fog Light Installation Document

L-Tuned Sideskirt Installation Document

L-Tuned Rear Valence Installation Document

L-Tuned IS emblem mounting templates

L-Tuned GS emblem mounting templates

L-Tuned GS emblem instructions

L-Tuned Brochure

The original tape on the rear lip is 3M 90mil Foam tape

See less See more
#30 ·
p.lindblom, beautiful!! any pics of the interior?, i see you have manual tranny..

#34 ·
Wow that is awesome information p.lindblom.
I am so excited cause I just bought a Legana front bumper yesterday so it is on its way!
The member I bought it from actually has another one I believe if anyone is interested.
His sn is: is3finallymd

#35 ·
Here's some more info on the Legana Kit that was offered with the IS200 and pics as well!

"For buyers who want to customise their IS200s, there's a large range of accessories that includes four body kits and over 30 individual items.

Dress-up items include three separate body kits that range from mild (the Executive), to sporty (the Touring), to wild (the Legana), plus a Carbon-Fibre kit with a carbon-fibre steering wheel and exterior mirror covers.

Other options include differently-styled 17 inch alloy wheels, a forged tow-bar with quick release hitch, roof racks with a full range of attachments, acrylic headlamp covers, rear parking proximity sensors, a moulded boot liner and a boot luggage net.

the Legana kit comprises a totally new front bumper/spoiler assembly with built-in fog lamps, a mesh radiator grille, side skirts, a rear skirt and a high-level rear spoiler."

Lexus IS200 2.0L Sedan NRMA Car Review - NRMA Motoring & Services

"The Legana body kit, named after the Targa Tasmania special stage just outside Launceston, consists of an aggressive front bumper with fog lamps, a mesh radiator grille, black chrome headlamps, side and rear skirts and a high-level rear spoiler.

The high rear spoiler and a front airdam extension make up the Touring Sports kit.

A more subtle Executive body kit consists of the front skirt and a low-level rear spoiler.

The Carbon-Fibre kit adds a carbon-fibre sports steering wheel and carbon-fibre look exterior mirror covers.

"The range of accessory kits and individually available accessory items reflects the vehicle's younger target market," Lexus Australia national sales and marketing manager Rory Macdougall says. "

Lexus - Potent Lexus IS300 waits in the wings | GoAuto

[syd] 1jzgte vvti 300kw is200 - just 32k!!! - SupraForums.com.AU

#38 ·
nice job happy, I just looked at the brand new fogs, emblems, and mats I have all still brand new sealed..
Only component I never cared for is the L-tuned rear debating on what to use maybe NEO rear?

#39 ·
Thanks!
If and when you bust out the mats; place another rear mat near the pedals or something else equivalent. These mats tend to wear quickly and easily.

Neo rear is the same as the l-tuned with shorter fitment. Save some cash, keep your usdm rear bumper and pick up a rear trd lip from nextmod. I'm still procrastinating on a front trd lip from them as well and hear all good things.

#41 ·
^^^ and WOWWWWWWWWWWWW i just looked at your photo gallery, what an AMAZZZZZING gauge cluster!! what does it say under the gas gauge? (something "sport"?)

#42 ·
Lexus Owner Club UK has some good stuff! We got them from the same guy. Stainless Steel Dash Dials FTW!

I believe he has 'Sport' engraved in his which is like UK's 'SportsDesign' logo. I got the guy to put TRD for mine :)

#45 ·
Wow... nice digging!

+ rep

#51 ·
By the looks of what I can see online I believe these were available all across North America (USA+Canada),

Look up "Lexus L-Tuned IS300" in google and read all the reviews, none mention it being restricted to California and there is even a review for it from a Canadian Auto Magazine (link)

#52 ·
Hey guys I'm new here and I have a 2002 IS300 L-Tuned. I was wondering if any of you can recommend where I could get a L-Tuned grill? When I bought my L-Tuned the grill was swapped out. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

#60 · (Edited)
Here's the limited run TRD "L-Tuned" Front Lip. Also known as, TRD Elegance Lip.
These were mainly produced for the JDM but a limited run made for USDM bumpers.
I was lucky enough to find 14 of these babies and bring them to the my.is community at $250 a pop.

They're long gone now and you'll only find them used on these boards.

and a few more images added Jan 2019

#68 ·
after reading this awesome thread , I think I have came to a decision on what I want for my IS , my Blitz front lip was damaged last thanksgiving and that opened up the whole buying a new front bumper deal for me , debating on either Vertex or the L-Tuned (Replica or not) and since I have the L-Tuned rear already , maybe its time to go after the side skirts after I go after the L-tuned front bumper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.