Lexus IS Forum banner

Aftermarket Oxygen Sensors.

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  cclutch 
#1 ·
Ok, here's the issue. Took my 01' IS in becuase the checkengine light came on after some maintenance had been performed on the electrical system. The dealership told me the light came on due to a bad oxygen sensor after the cat in the exhaust. The dealership wanted to charge me $175 for the part and an additional $125 to put in on. I than searched the net and found the part for under $100. the only issue is that it is OEM and not a certified lexus part. Should I go for it, or should I stick with the certified lexus parts.

#2 ·
I've had good luck with buying Bosch O2 sensors for my VW's, and Audi/VW's are extremely sensitive in their respective electronic departments. I'd say go for it!

I'm having the EXACT same problem on my DWP 01 auto - problem is, I don't know exactly which O2 sensor it is.

#3 ·
You can definately got with the aftermarket if you want to save some more cash. There's also a cheaper method that member SophieSleeps has pointed out but it has to do with messing with the wiring. I know you probably don't want to mess with that as of yet, so buying the aftermarket o2 sensor should be the way to go.

Most aftermarket sensors requires soldering the sensor to the exisiting o2 sensor's plug.

The OEM toyota one is pretty much plug and play, but requires a lot of work too in order to replace such as unscrewing the passenger seat out and going underneath the carpeting.

It's on you on what's more convenient and lighter on the pockets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.