LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)

Garage
Review: Figs Mega Arm rear race kit

Ill like to start with a little history and why i decided to upgrade.

SKIP this if yall want.
When i got my second is300 02 GGP 5spd it wasnt in the greatest condition but it runs and drives perfectly fine. I was definitely planning to abuse the shit out of the car since i already have a perfectly fine daily. I did a full inspection on the cars suspension to make sure nothing is wack and everything checked out, so my adventure begins. Over the past year my friends has gotten me addicted to HPDE, track days, canyons and back roads. This means the car is taking heavy abuse to the motor, chassis and suspension, i started to feel the car being extremely loose, so i decided that i should give my suspension another full inspection (*note this is over a course of only 6k miles) I found that my rear knuckles bushing and trac link bushing are shot. I can litterally wiggle the entire knuckle up and down. Also my toe link bushing and RLCA bushings were shot. So i decided that if i'm going to continue to do HPDE ill deff need to fix it up.
I have always been a fan of going cheap, because i'm a broke ass college student trying to fund his expensive hobby. Furthermore i did my research, compared different possible bills and decided that FIGS would be the best bang for the money. Outstanding customer service is what reeled me in; in the first place. Mike answered all my questions all day long.(literally, sometimes ill be messaging him around 12pm-2pm).
Well without further ado lets start the review.

So i bought the Figs Mega Arm race rear kit which
includes: Rear Race LCA, Rear Toe link moto rod ends, and Trac Links
In addition: I bought knuckle bearing, and trac link knuckle bushing
Plus: SPC ball joint removal tool
Final Total: $1400 + mike hooked it up with shipping.

When i first unboxed and pulled the parts out i was amazed of the quality of the parts, i thought to myself dam these are some sexy parts. *i say this because i have experience with ebay brand RLCA and Toe links and my god they cannot compare.
one look at the figs parts and you be like god dam they spent alot of man hours on those parts.

Here are the comparison
Stock VS Figs

.I love how i can now correct my camber without needing to get spc camber plates. Makes everything nice and simple.

.The toe link is what i think is the coolest thing ever, cuz i can now adjust my toe by rotating the center shaft and watch the hub turn. (fixes my major toe problems because my sub-frame notches is worn down which made it incredibly difficult for alignment shops.)

. The trac link help add stability due to it being rod ends now and not crummy rubber bushings.

Got everything installed now. My my my i gotta say everything is nice and tight back there.

Going to be taking it to the alignment shop in a couple of days to get everything fine tuned.

At the alignment shop

Another look of the rear kit.

Before Alignment

After Alignment

Got everything dialed in perfectly, adjustability of the LCA was fairly easy, we had to remove the rod end and extended a bit to get 1.8 degrees camber.
The Toe adjustment was probably the best part because all we had to do was rotate the shaft and boom done.

Afterwards i took a nice drive in my favorite back road and instantly i felt a huge difference from before. I can definitely vouch that there is less bump steer and faster location of suspension as advertised for the part. I have been making my turns alot quicker on that back road after the upgrades, just gotta wait till my next track day to put everything to the ultimate test.

Overall: I highly recommend getting the rear race kit, bushing and knuckle bearing if you love spirited driving, i drove my car pretty aggressively(OFC in the back roads) for the past couple of days and when i switched back into my daily is300 i couldnt do what i would normally do with my weekend is300.

Track Day 03/27/16 @Buttonwillow Race Park

The track experience is so much more fun because i can feel my car has become one with the suspension. The whole car felt alot stiffer and responsive plus i got on direzza z2 which made me grip with ease once the tires are warmed up. In this particular track the lines require you to take the car up on the humps and the solid/poly bushing really help eliminate alot of the bumpsteer. The figs race arms are highly recommended for track driven is300s. First time driving on this track and i was able to run a decent time.
Photo Credit: @trevor.y.r

Ran a 2:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=511uO885DIQ
Poke_IS300, blkdout and garrettej8 like this.

02 GGP 234k on chassis
BD11A supercharger/dezod headers/greddy catback/bc264/hks cam gear. 285whp [email protected]

Last edited by az989; 03-31-2016 at 01:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 09:48 AM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Great write up, thanks for sharing. Did you notice any additional noise/vibration after switching to the solid figs setup?

- 2002 IS300 SportCross -
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoddle View Post
Great write up, thanks for sharing. Did you notice any additional noise/vibration after switching to the solid figs setup?
No noise or vibration but it feels alot stiffer so yull feel the road(coilovers or oem may change how the car feels). Also depends on your tires, im running direzza z2 so they are alot noisier. Deff recommended if you have play in the rear, i may be buying another set if my daily's bushing decides to take a shit.

I already did the caster arm bushing on the daily and no noticeable vibration or noise. its nice having two cars to compare.

02 GGP 234k on chassis
BD11A supercharger/dezod headers/greddy catback/bc264/hks cam gear. 285whp [email protected]

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Garage
Track day video is up.

02 GGP 234k on chassis
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Nice parts I bought the same kit from figs but still need to install it. Have any advice or tips on the installation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS300DTF View Post
Wheel gap is like vagina, the less fingers you can get in the better!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 10:58 PM
Fig
THE MAKER

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)

Thanks for the awesome review. It's always great to see people taking their car and driving to the next level. Big props Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Stop, Drop and Roll

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page