Lexus IS Forum banner

D2 coilover review

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  FaTBoYWidaFatLeX 
#1 ·
i had heard of D2 for some time in racing, they do alot with mercedes race teams, D2 Privat (sp?) race teams that are in DTM as well as lemans. i was unaware that they were in F1 but sure enough when i went ot the race i found out that they were.

well i did some searching on the internet of what other people with other cars had to say about them and it was all possitive, most of which (not to be a prude but this i just an observation) the most often said thing about them was "thse are way better than my teins."

open up the box that was shipped from taiwan, weird but it was, kinda cool to have postage stickers from taiwan. finsih was incredible, beautifully machined in ever aspect every thing seemed solid and tough and purple like the nurple

i don't know much about tein, never owned them so i can't say that. but i will say these things are impressiev, quite ride, really really smooth for 13kg/mm front and 11kg/mm in the back. i was thinking the ride was going ot be rediculously jarring, but it seems as smooth than the tokico tanabe setup i used to have. ride quality is excellent given the spring rates. and they were quiet, impressivly quiet, just as or quiter than the old setup

so it rode alright and i realize i put everythign together right, nothings falling apart yet i decide to give it some g's and holy crap am i impressed, i didn't eve squeel the tiresexcept for the little drift session i took them through, which was short lived as i was scared to keep going. the car felt very confident, very stable and really really really smooth. incredibly responsive just felt really really good, and i can't wait for the next autocross

i will try and get some pix up some time

for those that don't know, the install isn't that hard, but it took me longer today, about 4-5 hours by myself and i had to adjust them to get them reasonably the same, did a decent job with all except one, which still isn't that far off the others, just a little lower.

so for all those that wanted to know if these are good, yes they are

and the test market time will be over soon, so get these while they are hot and cheap, from waht i understand the price is gonna go way up(double) in the near future

See less See more
#3 ·
Great write up dude, glad you are happy with the purchase, seeing as I was the nut who showed them to you :lol: . I'm seriously considering a set of these, and this make it easier to make a final decision. BTW, did you get the car aligned after your install, and if not do you plan to ???

#4 ·
Colin, You do know that you now have NO excuses for not comming to the dragon this August :lol:

#5 ·
well they have a decent warranty going for them, for the price and i can get what i want in spring rates, i was pretty pleased, if they blow up on me, oh well. i haven't heard any bad stories, everythign i have heard has been good, which isn't what i can say about the competition in that price range

#7 ·
yeah, you decide i am doing just fine, i don't own a ferrari, i own a toyota with an L on it, its cheap, does just peachy, everyone i have tlaked to thta thas had them agrees they do just fine. i am not spending 2k on a "decent" suspension for the rates i want and these are custom.

these suit me just fine, if you have ever been in autocross you will understand, you bbrake things, the most expesive is not what you see, ussually its the cheapest most dispensible things you can find, cause shit is goinna break, as the saying goes, "you gota pay to play"

so when you think of htat, re-evaluate your statement, the dampening seems just fine and the springs are decent, no complaints after a week and almost 1k miles, road trip went fine. so dopg all you want mr. monday morning QB. i am happy they aren't to last for 8 million years i have 3 suspensions for the IS now and i change them all myself in 2 hours, cake, bam.

#8 ·
its funny cause Tein is also made in taiwan but japanese owned..so i say that theres nothing wrong with taiwanese made products

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.