Lexus IS Forum banner

which coilovers to buy?

7K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  pearlfox 
#1 · (Edited)
Need some help on which coilovers to purchase. Its my daily driver and ride comfort is important . i will not be tracking the car. Just want it to look aggressive but not slammed. Just looking for the best bang for my buck. It is currently stock suspension and wheels. Will be switching the wheels as well. Any suggestions Thanks.

#4 ·
A really good entry level coil are the tein basics. You have to reuse your tophats but they will give you ride height adjustment and be on the softer side for spring rates.If you dont plan to track and dont need the dampening adjustments its a good value. Cost is about 450 or around that.

#6 ·
+1 on the BC's. I just installed a set w/ 12k/10k Swift springs the other day and the ride feels like a factory setup. I can see how some people feel this setup is too soft, but for a daily driver I think it's perfect and I haven't even played around with the damper adjustments yet, they are still at the factory settings (22 clicks from full soft).

#12 ·
I have BC's on my 300zx and have no complaints. I think im going to go with Fortune Auto on the IS when the time comes. I've heard really good things about them and since they are hand built to order their customer service is really good. Plus they are an hour and a half from me. Come on Black Friday!

#23 ·
My first set I went with yonakas great price and amazing ride quality plus stance is nice . I’d recommend those at $465 one hell of a price after searching for my first set I was sold on these at that price and adjustable as well , don’t know about any other brand but yonaka has great reviews from IS owners ! Good luck

#27 ·
16/9 feal 441+ (off the shelf is 14/8 +/-2) .... always go stiffer [emoji23] when they need to be rebuilt I'm going to revalve to road race spec with 18/12. rates arent for sure but definitely more digressive valving since this is a track daily.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.