User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Follower

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

who has this

tell me what you guys think about this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20HP-...16107340QQrdZ1

Injen ram air, pro1 header, hp racing rear section, TRD 18"s, upper/lower Custom Fabbed Braces , TRD sportivio w/3-way koni yellows,Yellow Stuff Pads
Toyomoto VB dowels, tinted rear lenses
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlunatiq
tell me what you guys think about this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20HP-...16107340QQrdZ1

Another BS ebay performance part, stay away.

It does look a little more flashy than the "resistor in a black box" one thats also going around, ill give it that
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Aficionado

That looks like a hoax to me I would def stay away from anything like that expecially if its comming from ebay.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Not Officially Back

Quote:
The device modifies voltage signals, as if the exhaust gas would be fuel-poor. ECU let more fuel to the injectors while the mass of free air is the same. Thus we can influence the mixture adjustment gaining more power, enhancing the efficiency of combustion and saving fuel. This add-on simulator device delivers fuel-poor sign to the ECU, besides a limit value control is incorporated to avoid overflow and underflow.

We improve the power slightly at the expense of emission.

This is telling me that the resistor is making the car run richer, by supposedly spraying more fuel. We know the IS300 already runs 12:1 under WOT/OL... which is bad for power... making it run even richer than that will actually TAKE POWER AWAY. What you want it to do is run leaner.. but you only want it to run leaner by a certain amount at certain RPMS, and only when you're on the throttle/in OL mode.

Bogus product. Wish I could report FRAUD to ebay.

Toyomoto Supercharged '03 TCM E-Shift IS300
404 rwhp/325rwtq 18.5 psi pump gas

*NEW* ISX50 Parts Catalog | IS300 BPU Parts Catalog

Rep... it's not just for the Parking Lot
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Under House Arrest

lol how would that even work the car doesn't even read the o2 sensors as WOT oh and plus you would need two of these to even try on the IS. I really need to come up w/ some of this junk to sell.. i could be rich!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Not Officially Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstrnldr
lol how would that even work the car doesn't even read the o2 sensors as WOT oh and plus you would need two of these to even try on the IS. I really need to come up w/ some of this junk to sell.. i could be rich!
Well, remember the car uses LTFT maps @ WOT/OL... which are built during CL driving and STFT's.

You could screw with the o2 sensors and affect the ST trims, which would affect the LT trims and the WOT tune.

That being said, you'd still want it to run leaner... and if you screwed with it in closed loop you'd be leaning out the car to 15-16:1 during normal driving just to get a 13-14:1 tune @ WOT... a horridly bad idea.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Follower

yea it sounds convincing. I mean it doesnt say for WOT, although feedback is good, all buying same product. i would say it must work and do something, becasue i doubt people would buy it and then give him positive feedback. If it alters the o2 signal THEN IT WILL DO SOMETHING......haha whatever still not gonna buy it..just wanted to see if anyone attempted it. If no ones tried it then i guess we have truly no say..

Injen ram air, pro1 header, hp racing rear section, TRD 18"s, upper/lower Custom Fabbed Braces , TRD sportivio w/3-way koni yellows,Yellow Stuff Pads
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Not Officially Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlunatiq
yea it sounds convincing. I mean it doesnt say for WOT, although feedback is good, all buying same product. i would say it must work and do something, becasue i doubt people would buy it and then give him positive feedback. If it alters the o2 signal THEN IT WILL DO SOMETHING......haha whatever still not gonna buy it..just wanted to see if anyone attempted it. If no ones tried it then i guess we have truly no say..

Wait, are you insane? Or did you not read what I posted?

It sounds completely unconvincing... in fact, it sounds like utter BS. It's completely backwards. If it does what it says, it will more than likely hurt performance.

50% of the kits he ships are probably never installed. 49% are installed and the owners love them for the placebo affect. And 1% probably figue out it's utter BS and they got ripped off, but it's not enough money to bother trying to get back.

I bet he has awesome customer service, fast shipping, throws in stuff for free... etc. When you have a BS product, you have to make up for it with everything else to try and keep people happy til it's too late. I'll bet the majority of ppl leave feedback as soon as they receive it... "Fast shipping great ebayer +!+!+!!!" Thats why he has positive feedback.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Follower

no, not insane, i read what YOU posted, although probably doesnt mean the world to rite answers...just wanted to know if anyone had it better yet

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:34 AM
Test Mule/Parts Breaker

Location: I'm just trying to see how many letters you can fit in this field and still have it display, NV

Having tuned a few N/A IS's I'm with das on this one. You don't want to put something in that affects the signal @ all rpms when you just want to change the signal through a short range. Not to mention this car needs to be leaned out not richened.

Team Bukkake: In your face racing...Autocross, Drift, Time Attack and Road Race.
I drive a Toyota/Lexus Parts bin: Sequoia 4x4 driveshaft, Supra TT trans, LS400 throttle body, etc., ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfro View Post
60% of the time it worked everytime.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 05:55 AM
Fiend

I like this ebay user's feedback. lol
"it mess up the computer from my car but shipping was a+++++++++++++"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page