User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Setting up fuel system + catch can

Hey everyone! Been doing some researching and have kind of hit a wall so to speak. I want to order all the fittings and fuel line so I don't have to wait and check everything and then order. So if possible does anyone have a list of AN fittings they used for the fuel system? I am running the stock is300 hanger with a walbro 255. I need to still set it up for a return system for my 1jz. So any help would be much appreciated. I also am curious about how everyone set up their catch cans and which company you went with? And then also the fittings used and specific line of hose used? Any help would be much appreciated. Want to have all fittings and hose ordered up so I can knock it all out in one go. Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 07:48 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 144 Post(s)

Check this thread...

https://my.is/forums/f114/fuel-return.../topics/298869

I recommend drawing it out and double checking things. I remember being able to eliminate a few fittings by getting combination fittings: orb6 to 6an hose for example (to go in the fpr). Make sure you get some good Russell Statoseals or Teflon Orings for the bulkhead’s penetration into the fuel sending unit, or you will smell gas all the time.

Catch cans are generic. Two schools of thought on them. One way is to have a hose from each cam cover going to a catch can that is vented to atmosphere. There is no vacuum draw this way. Other way (I did mine this way) is to have each cam cover Y’ed off one port on the catch can. From the other port on the catch can you run a hose to the pre-turbo intake (between the compressor and air filter). This is the only source of constant vacuum in a turbocharged car. Second way seemed more intuitive and I’ve had mine this way for awhile with no issue.

GL on your project!

You may get more responses in the “Go Faster” forum if you ask a mod to move the thread.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 06:44 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Get rid of the stock pump hangat and go with the dual pump setup from squash. Alittle pricey but quality made. I ran a feed and a return -6an used 2 rolls of 10ft Vibrant which was E85 compliant as well. I am using dual DeatschWerks DW300 with 1000cc bosch inhectors. As for fuel rail i drilled and tapped the return side of the rail ( part closet to bumper) and used a banjo AN fitting for the feed side( search jegs) all line is -6AN. Running 16 psi boost on pump gas and making 500 to the crank. Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180817_210706_1550108248541.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	649.9 KB
ID:	122529  

American Complex, cock it and pull it

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 06:45 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Catch can all hoses and fittings must be -10an , this is what i have researched across the years on numerous racing sites

American Complex, cock it and pull it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page