LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 02:18 PM
Mr. Roo

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03ThunderSport View Post
Yes, I have the BC 264 cams with BC keepers, locks, springs, titanium retainers, & BC adjustable cam gear. The cams alone I think are worth it if you stay NA paired with the adjustable cam gear. More midrange to redline pull for sure.
what adjustment do you have your cam gear set at? I installed one a couple of years ago, but it's at 0 and I forgot about it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 03:02 PM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

I had it set to "0" and felt nothing over stock. So I went from "-1to -5". I'm at -4 currently. Since -5 set off of the CEL. It definitely has more pull from 4k to redline. I want to Dyno and get a proper tune. But the ecu I'm looking at plus harness is $2500.
TobiasSing likes this.
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have the JR 4 pulley kit. They were on my car when I bought it. Besides the belt chirping, I haven't had any issues.

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 01:55 PM
Lurker

So my accessory belt is squealing/chirping now. I have a new water pump, tensioner, & belt. So I sprayed a lil water on the aluminum crank pulley & the noise goes away. I've been doing this for a few days. It's annoying & embarrassing at stop/intersection/parking lot. I'm going back to stock pulley due to squealing. Will update.
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 66 Post(s)

Quote:
I had it set to "0" and felt nothing over stock. So I went from "-1to -5". I'm at -4 currently. Since -5 set off of the CEL. It definitely has more pull from 4k to redline. I want to Dyno and get a proper tune. But the ecu I'm looking at plus harness is $2500.
There’s a dyno of an exhaust cam on here. I think -3 was what they guy settled on. try to find it.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 04:47 PM
Lurker

I've tried numerous degrees. I indeed settled at -3.5 for optimal power without CEL. But my gas mileage took a huge hit. I went back to 0 when I started driving everyday. When I will track this car, I will go back to -3.5.
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 08:25 PM
Loyalist

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)

Quote:
I've tried numerous degrees. I indeed settled at -3.5 for optimal power without CEL. But my gas mileage took a huge hit. I went back to 0 when I started driving everyday. When I will track this car, I will go back to -3.5.
Generally I have seen -4 with cats is optimal. If you have no cats with a full sim on the downstream sensors. You can do -5.5 to -6...
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 08:31 PM
Lurker

Indeed, -3 seems to be the spot without setting off the CEL. Some have/can retard even further. I really need a tune to maximize my mods. But for the AEM infinity/harness/tune is just not possible right now me. Need to save some more $.

Last edited by 03ThunderSport; 03-09-2018 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Mistype
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 11:22 AM
Lurker

Took off the Driftmotion crank pulley due to the belt squealing. Went back to the stock crank pulley. I did notice that the motor revs a lil slower now. But I couldn't deal with the belt squealing anymore.
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 10:17 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Took off the Driftmotion crank pulley due to the belt squealing. Went back to the stock crank pulley. I did notice that the motor revs a lil slower now. But I couldn't deal with the belt squealing anymore.
Interesting how your belt has started squealing, I have not noticed a major squeal from my DM pulley. There is a very faint squeal that I have noticed, but you have to listen for it. I'm not sure how much you care to run the pulley, but I believe there are some certain serpentine belts that are more prone to make noise than others (due to design of the belts). I plan on changing my belt probably in the next 15,000 miles, so I can chime in if anything comes up.
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 12:03 PM
Lurker

Quote:
There is a belt designed to combat squealing if you haven't heard of it, Continental Elite Poly-V, (belt number: 4060760) they have a ribbed cutout and i've heard it does wonders to make any noise go away. If you have the patience to reinstall the pulley and buy this belt, you could run it again with no issues. I've recently updated my use of the pulley with almost 20k miles, and I still haven't had any problems, and once I replace the serp belt, ill be replacing it with the one I linked here.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C34KRE...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page