Lexus IS Forum banner

Just Some NA Intake Mods

5K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  01 SolarYellow 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, this forum doesn't seem nearly as active as some of the BMW forums that I'm a member of, but I figured I share some stuff that I've been working on anyway. My IS is my daily, so I don't plan on going crazy w/it, and I don't think that I'll ever go FI...but prolly just stick w/some well chosen NA mods. It currently has headers and full exhaust, UD pulleys, and an adj. exhaust gear waiting to go on next, and possibly cams in the future? Anyway, on to some pics of how I modified the factory airbox! I used a 3" holesaw to cut through the inner wheel well/fender area, and did the same to the bottom of the airbox. I attached a 3" duct flange to the bottom of the airbox for the 3" hose to attach, and then ran the ducting down to a cheap brake duct (I had laying around) that I attached to the front bumper support. Hard to see in the pic, but it sits directly behind the foglight...think it turned out pretty clean!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Hey man, yeah, sort of-lol. A buddy gave me an Injen SRI to try out and I did monitor temps through my OBDLink app on my phone, and the temps always ran about 5-10 degrees above ambient while driving...but would shoot up another 15-20 degrees after coming to a stop. They would always drop back to a few degrees over ambient at speed though. I don't have any data yet on this set modified factory set up, but I fully expect it to be just a little better than the Injen in regards to temps...I'm not sure that I'll necessarily see/feel any performance differences though?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.