LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
HKS DLI II - What harness to get?

Just got a HKS DLI II to fight some of my ignition issues. I had great results with a HKS DLI I on my old MKIV NA-T. However it turns out that the DLI II doesn't come with a universal harness and only vehicle specific harnesses. The one I got has a harness for an eclipse, obviously not going to work. I figured I can just cut up the wiring but the harness for the eclipse is too far different to utilize (4cyl vs 6cyl, different pinouts, etc).

Searching the forum only resulted in 10+ year old posts about the DLI I, which seems to be impossible to find nowadays.

HKS [Twin Power & Super Fire Racing Plug]

I was looking at this site with all the part numbers. I was gonna go with 4399-ST003 as that's the the altezza but quickly realized it wasn't going to work with the different motors. 4399-ST001 looked good, for a JZX chaser, but it's for the older DLI I.

Anyone here have an HKS DLI II and able to wire it into our cars? Which vehicle specific harness did you have to modify to work?

'03 IS300 Turbo
SportDesign | 5MT | LSD | Black Onyx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 02:01 PM
Fiend

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)

Never used one but vaguely familiar with it. I’m pretty sure you give it a switched 12V, ground, and then you just tap three of the yellow wires into the stock igniter wires. I don’t think it matters which three yellow wires, either. So you may need to cut the HKs plug off and hardwire it, or get some Deutsch connectors if you wanna get fancy.

This guy’s old photo album has some pics - look at the igniter jpgs.

http://users.erols.com/mervine/IS300/?C=M;O=A

This old thread has directions that accompany the pics but the links are busted so you need to refer to his photo album.

https://www.my.is/forums/f88/hks-twi...-193647/?amp=1

Pretty straightforward, I think it’s like a capacitor for your coil trigger wires is how the DLI works.

What ignition issues are you having?

Unless you’re turbo, I think the DLI may be more of a bandaid to any ignition problems. And if you’re turbo, I’d recommend going COP with 1NZ or RB26 coilpacks. More modern and effective.

Good luck man!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity211 View Post
Just got a HKS DLI II to fight some of my ignition issues. I had great results with a HKS DLI I on my old MKIV NA-T. However it turns out that the DLI II doesn't come with a universal harness and only vehicle specific harnesses. The one I got has a harness for an eclipse, obviously not going to work. I figured I can just cut up the wiring but the harness for the eclipse is too far different to utilize (4cyl vs 6cyl, different pinouts, etc).

Searching the forum only resulted in 10+ year old posts about the DLI I, which seems to be impossible to find nowadays.

HKS [Twin Power & Super Fire Racing Plug]

I was looking at this site with all the part numbers. I was gonna go with 4399-ST003 as that's the the altezza but quickly realized it wasn't going to work with the different motors. 4399-ST001 looked good, for a JZX chaser, but it's for the older DLI I.

Anyone here have an HKS DLI II and able to wire it into our cars? Which vehicle specific harness did you have to modify to work?
Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: doc hks dli.doc (233.0 KB, 13 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page