Emissions with na-t is300 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Emissions with na-t is300

Im in ontario,Canada emissions are really strict here im just wondering can you pass obd2 emissions with na-t IS, im hoping to turbo my is this summer ill run standalone or piggyback which ever will pass emmisions is my choice thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 06:51 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Same problem in NY , it can be done but is hard. My problem is not emissons as i have a chip for the post cats, which is the easy part. .my problem with a fully built engine and agressive tune is misfires drom stock ecu. It has bee been documented all over this board , it can be done

American Complex, cock it and pull it
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 02:20 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 70 Post(s)

My NA-T arrangement retains the OEM ecu, fully hooked up with exception of the coil ignitors and injectors - leaving fuel/spark control to a programmable ecu.

To pass emissions, I see two options:

1. Clear all codes, swap to stock injectors, and give fuel/spark control back to the OEM ecu, do some light load driving to pass all the OBD-II monitors and show emission readiness. I'd go in for my inspection, then go back home and swap back to the big injectors and give fuel/spark control back to my programmable ecu.

The injectors in my car are incapable of delivering the tiny amount of fuel required for a 14.7:1 AFR mixture at idle and very light loads, which would be required to prevent the toyota ecu from detecting an overly-rich condition. I also do not have an operating switching O2 sensor in my setup, which would be required for fast-closed loop control that dithers back and forth from rich to lean, right around 14.7 all the time.

2. By upgrading injectors to newer, fancier units with faster response and better low-fueling characteristics - and adding a switching O2 sensor, I believe I'd be able to satisfy my OEM toyota ECU "watchdog" - fooling it into thinking it was, itself, doing a fine job of fueling the engine.

...all of this obviously assumes you have a good working catalyst and all your OEM pre/post O2 sensors in place...

Last edited by Hodgdon Extreme; 02-19-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page