Why is it hard for me to find an original IS300 in manual transmission? - Page 4 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 01:49 PM
Loyalist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squareback View Post
1-8-7 on the undercova i-s-3-hundgy
IS3TT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:35 PM
Aficionado

Quoted: 230 Post(s)

Currently, the going rate for a fairly clean, manual IS300 is $5-7k. You might have to travel to find one. Cars that have been up north may have some rust, some damage. The supply of clean, unmolested IS300s (let alone manuals) is shrinking. The car is, at the youngest, 14 years old, and it wasn't mass produced like the domestic models you mentioned. If you really want one, find a clean one with the options you want and buy it. You won't be able to forever.

While clean IS300s are getting harder to find, so are owners willing to pay those "premium" prices. So if you find one and you think the price is too high, come with a reasonable offer and a smart seller will take you up on it.

The parts market for the IS300 is also drying up fast. There are next to zero, if not zero, companies actively producing aftermarket parts (even Megan and Godspeed have pretty much called it quits). It's getting harder and harder to find OEM parts. If you're already hesitant about paying the "premium" for a clean manual IS300, you might not love the market, and you might want to consider one of those domestic cars you mentioned. Having said that, the IS is a helluva car to drive. For me, the driving experience is worth staying on shrinking ground. It's slower than some other cars of its time, and it's slower than cars of today, but it's special in its own right.

FYI: the IS250 is garbage. Lots of well-documented carbon build-up issues. Plus, they're just not as fun. They're pretty gutless. The 350 is better, but still not overly amazing.
SP2Pilot likes this.

2003 GGP | "You Can't See Me"

Hotchkis sway bars, LS400 bbk, Stance coilovers, Customwerks rear strut tower bar & trunk brace, Megan diff. brace & traction bars, OBX short-tube headers, Fidanza exhaust cam gear, GTE cams, NX wet kit, winter camo wrap 👀
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 05:57 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
The parts market for the IS300 is also drying up fast. There are next to zero, if not zero, companies actively producing aftermarket parts (even Megan and Godspeed have pretty much called it quits).
I can attest to this. Yonaka, one of the few brands that offers a few parts for our cars is making small batches of their offering for us. It was hell trying to get their axle back muffler sent to me. They did however stock up on those axle backs, as well as their "high flow" radiator. Of course I would never recommend their coil-over offering, despite it's price point.

I will say, there are still some companies that should remain relevant for the foreseeable future. Such as Figs, and Driftmotion. I believe Seibon will still sell us their hoods and trunk lid, among other body components. There's finishing lines if you want to do an ABS relocation. And Eibach still makes the thicker sway bars (highly recommend)

Then there are things that should stick around for awhile, like ECU's. Those can be interchangeable, like AEM's offering for example.

So it doesn't look like all hope is lost. But you'll need to act fast on certain parts. I was part of the handful of people that picked up eBays last stock of Megans suspension H brace that didn't cost $800-$1600

Last edited by DH_71631; 06-07-2019 at 07:58 PM.

post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think it is just that there werent as many is300's made manual from factory. s2000's only came manual.
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:52 AM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
The parts market for the IS300 is also drying up fast. There are next to zero, if not zero, companies actively producing aftermarket parts (even Megan and Godspeed have pretty much called it quits). It's getting harder and harder to find OEM parts.
this is the most comical thing ive read on on here recently (and also incorrect). here are companies still 'actively' producing parts for the IS300:

Figs
Xcessive
Battle Version
Megan/Godspeed

I could add even more, but ill just keep it to the MFGs who have multiple offerings for the IS300. I also have no problem sourcing OEM stuff if needed. of course we dont have 240-level product support, but who wants one of those shitboxes anyways?
SP2Pilot and Piggity like this.

Lucy; 04 manual sportdesign
post #51 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 01:48 PM
Loyalist

Quoted: 103 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesooohoppy View Post
this is the most comical thing ive read on on here recently (and also incorrect). here are companies still 'actively' producing parts for the IS300:

Figs
Xcessive
Battle Version
Megan/Godspeed

I could add even more, but ill just keep it to the MFGs who have multiple offerings for the IS300. I also have no problem sourcing OEM stuff if needed. of course we dont have 240-level product support, but who wants one of those shitboxes anyways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squareback View Post
1-8-7 on the undercova i-s-3-hundgy
IS3TT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page