User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Frequenter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)

TRD side skirts with no front or rear lip ?'s

I have an '04 Sportcross and I am very happy with the look of it. I prefer the Sportcross front and rear bumpers to the sedan. However, I was looking to make subtle changes to the look. I like the TRD side skirts and I was wondering how they would look on the car without adding front and rear lips. For those of you who have those skirts, how much lower to the TRD side skirts sit than the stock ones? Would the body lines be off enough to not make it look right without front and rear lips?

I am debating also adding the TRD front lip, but a real one is pretty expensive, and I dont know if I can find a Sportcross specific replica.

I do not like the look of the TRD rear bumper for the Sportcross. IMO, it makes the car look too big and bulky.

I am looking for subtle changes.

'04 MSM Sportcross, JoeZ intake w/ aFe dry filter, HKS Carbon-Ti cat-back exhaust, Eibach Pro-kit springs, front & rear sways, Koni "yellow" shocks, Cusco cooling plate, front & rear strut and trunk bars, rear under brace, TOM's front under brace, rear brace bars, TRD no. 1 & 2 front control arm, rear subframe & differential bushings and rear lower control arms, SuperPro poly steering rack & rear traction rod bushings, OEM M98 LSD, TRD Sports 18" 5 spoke wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 04:47 PM
Mr. Roo

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)

I would not recommend sides without at least a front lip. I think just lowering will improve the look, and wheels
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
Frequenter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasSing View Post
I would not recommend sides without at least a front lip. I think just lowering will improve the look, and wheels
Thanks for the advice. I have done some searching and I found the exact look I am looking for with the body. Unfortunately, the front and rear pieces are pretty hard to come by. I want to use the TRD Gita front lip, TRD side skirts and to tie it all together, OEM rear wagon mud guards. There is an IS member in the Netherlands who has the components on the same MSM colored car that I have. So, the search begins...

https://images.cdn.circlesix.co/imag...9e7571660c.jpg

'04 MSM Sportcross, JoeZ intake w/ aFe dry filter, HKS Carbon-Ti cat-back exhaust, Eibach Pro-kit springs, front & rear sways, Koni "yellow" shocks, Cusco cooling plate, front & rear strut and trunk bars, rear under brace, TOM's front under brace, rear brace bars, TRD no. 1 & 2 front control arm, rear subframe & differential bushings and rear lower control arms, SuperPro poly steering rack & rear traction rod bushings, OEM M98 LSD, TRD Sports 18" 5 spoke wheels

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 02:39 PM
Mr. Roo

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)

yeah you can get away with not having a rear lip if you do the mudflaps. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page