post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 03:32 AM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut00 View Post
ok, im running 8.10.022 (8/10?). I have tried 9.?? and it was just as buggy as 8.10, so if they are anything to go by as Ek9B18 mentions it is terribly designed software. You have to be super patent with it, connecting to the ECU seems to take a minute or so, and then trying to access different parts of the ECU also takes a minute or 2. If I get frustrated with it and start clicking things to change after I have already made a selection it will crash out, usually this means i need to restart the whole PC to make it forget it was connected. (much eye rolling and cursing then lol). You just need to make a selection and then let it do its thing, when its finished make the next selection.

Originally i suspected it was having trouble accessing my ECU as i have to set it as IS300 for it to recognize the car despite it being an Altezza. But then it has the same issues connecting to my wifes Corolla, so i think its just Techstream.
Well don't want to party breaker but the newer techstreams are not excellent either, Quite slow for being in 2019. So like EK said BE PATIENT with it. do not rush it!!

2002 IS300 - Manual 5-speed LSD M85
Color: Cromax YR580M
TRD Carbon Fiber Shifter Ball
Custom Made Complete Cold Air Intake
Fidanza Exhaust Cam Gear
OBX Headers / Megan Racing Y-Pipe / Thrush Catback
Yonaka Spec II Coilovers / Cusco Strut Bar
SPC Rear Camber Kit
DBC Performance Black XDS Rotors / Carbon Brake Pads
Continental ProContact Tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 05:59 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I tried a few versions, and was only able to get the driver and registry keys to work with 32bit Windows. You can use XP, but I would recommend Windows 7 or 8/8.1.

The 64 bit with the driver download never worked for me. I work in IT and tried for several hours to get it to detect before downgrading to x86/32 bit and it worked immediately.

It's worth spending a whole $50 on an old netbook or small Thinkpad to install this on and just leave in the car for logging.
Ek9B18 likes this.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 08:12 PM
Extremist

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)

Toughbooks, like the one the real Toyota techs use are pretty dirt cheap in ebay and they're very durable. They're not $50 they're not hugely expensive either. I've never had a problem with TB's and I've owned them for years. They basically get too old to use before they break.
Mathieu Bernier likes this.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 03:51 AM
Frequenter

Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ek9B18 View Post
Toughbooks, like the one the real Toyota techs use are pretty dirt cheap in ebay and they're very durable. They're not $50 they're not hugely expensive either. I've never had a problem with TB's and I've owned them for years. They basically get too old to use before they break.
I can confirm that, we are still using the first ones we've had back in time (Panasonic Toughbook) And beside the fact that they are slow computers now they still do the work well and do what they are supposed to do. however the first one we had starts to show sign of wear, battery is not holding up for long and touch pad start to freak out a bit but we have this particular one for over 15 years now

2002 IS300 - Manual 5-speed LSD M85
Color: Cromax YR580M
TRD Carbon Fiber Shifter Ball
Custom Made Complete Cold Air Intake
Fidanza Exhaust Cam Gear
OBX Headers / Megan Racing Y-Pipe / Thrush Catback
Yonaka Spec II Coilovers / Cusco Strut Bar
SPC Rear Camber Kit
DBC Performance Black XDS Rotors / Carbon Brake Pads
Continental ProContact Tires
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Loyalist

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)

I have started to bring some real old laptops back from the dead. I hope one will work for this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page