Lexus IS Forum banner

replacing bumper w/o headlight washers

8K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  TobiasSing 
#1 ·
My front bumper is pretty banged up. It's oem with the headlight washer holes. I'm going to replace it with a shiny new oem bumper without the holes since I got a great deal on the bumper. How do I go about disassembling the washer system?

Does anyone here believe it will do harm to the resale value? You know, removing the gimmicky headlight washers? Anyone run into this situation as well?

#2 ·
I would guess you could just follow the tubing to whatever motor it goes to, unplug and remove. Not sure if it runs off the same motor as the windshield washers, but i'm sure you could just plug the lines that run to the headlights if it does.

#3 ·
It appears to be two separate motors but they are the same type. The motor for the headlights should be located on the front bottom of the tank, on the outside. I would think all you would have to do is rip the old feed lines out and plug the pump feed from the tank. The FSM shows very little, this layout may help with what is involved.
2005 IS300: OEM Electrical (HEADLAMP CLEANER) Replacement Parts

#4 ·
Fun Fact: While looking at the sewell schematic that Jas posted, I was messing with the mouse and it let me drag and drop the picture from the web page to my desktop. Did not know that.

#5 ·
Can the caps for the holes for the headlight washers be purchased? Then I could just ghetto drill the bumper and put on the cap covers? Hard to pinpoint the part # with the sewell website.

It's connected to the washer fluid tank I believe because I am getting some fluid leaking when I try and pull the tubing out...guess I"ll have to tinker with it and figure this out.

#9 ·
I understand why they might implement this for the average joe, but I'm very capable of keeping my headlights clean without the wasteful sprayer system LOL

#8 ·
Its funny this thread came up... I actually removed my headlight washer system and glued the little caps in place. I hated it.. makes such a mess when it activates cause the spray goes all over the hood too! It is a separate pump and you can just remove all the lines/nozzles and cap off the pump outlet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.