User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

P1120 Code

Hey everyone,
So the other day I was driving my 2002 manual is300 when I came to a stop light in the middle of a busy road. Light turns green so I go to move and have a massive lurch and the car stalled out for a second then continues to run, I then tried again and got the car moving but realized I had pretty much no throttle, maybe about 20% at the very bottom of pressing the pedal. I was in the left lane of a 4 lane road with no throttle and I am trying to get over to the side while all these people are whizzing passed angrily. Eventually I did get over and into a Staples parking lot to diagnose what happened, thankfully my buddy was behind me in his pickup truck so that helped with getting over. He grabbed his OBD2 reader and hooked it up and there was a new code, (besides my misfires codes) which was P1120. After doing some research I learned that is has to do with the throttle body and either a connection of wire disconnecting or a bad sensor or a bad throttle body motor. I was able to get the car home since it drove it limp mode and now I want to fix it, if anyone else has had this problem and code lemme know what fixed it and how you checked for it, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)

Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor is bad. Just replace it.

Careful & Consistent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page