P0440 code mystery, 2001 IS300 - Page 2 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Im having the same issue with the weird rattling st low speed and had a cel for the same codes. Got rod of the codes by replacing the vsv but im still getting that weird whirring sound tho
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 12:38 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by is3_Hunnid View Post
Im having the same issue with the weird rattling st low speed and had a cel for the same codes. Got rod of the codes by replacing the vsv but im still getting that weird whirring sound tho
Based on what the OP said, you may have a leak in one of the hoses. Since he didn't see it the first time around, I would check extra closely

1987 Toyota MR2
2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD
2002 Lexus IS300
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by is3_Hunnid View Post
The whining type noise I was hearing was the power steering pump, it's on the way out. The issue I was having with trouble starting the car after filling up I believe possibly had something to do with my car battery practically being dead. It completely died the other day. As far as the p440code I haven't driven quite enough miles yet but replacing the old cracked hose going into the purge valve I'm hoping solved this issue. I will post back after I get some more miles on it. I'm hoping there's not a bad fuel tank overfill valve(aka roll over valve) or a bad fuel pump.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So, did fixing the cracked hose fix the problem? No more CEL?
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

It's been a little bit now but I think the last thing that I did was I had a smoke test done and they found a leak in a long hose right in front of the driver's seat that goes down underneath the car and towards the back. I don't know the name of it if I saw a diagram I could point out. But either way if you're having an issue I wouldn't waste any time I would just go get a smoke test done. I think the CEL light was on for a while after they did that but eventually it just went away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page