User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Mazpeedingrods coilovers aren't lowering my fronts enough

Hey guys, wondering if anyone can help

I recently put is300 coilovers on my toyota altezza and got the rears to sit flush (not maxed out), but the front still has a bit over an inch between the tire and fender and they are maxed out. What i did was raise the preload the allow me to shorten the overall length of the coil and max it out, but it didn't lower as much as i wanted. Is that where i went wrong? anyone know what i should do to get it to lower more?

Any info helps, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 02:51 PM
Loyalist

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)

Different coil over, Shorter knuckle, RCA's, control arms. There is several options.

Careful & Consistent
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 07:04 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Okay I have a Celica that I used to run Maxpeedingrods coilovers on (I was a broke high school kid and basically bought the cheapest CO's i could find) and they gave out after a year. I live in a cold climate and I guess one freeze thaw cycle was not good for them, beside the fact they rode very poorly. I would definitely recommend a different set of CO's. Right now on my celica I run DGR Coilovers which are honestly great, super comfy ride and lots of dampening and good adjustability. On my IS the last owner installed Tein SS coilovers and I kid you not they are absolutely amazing. Online I seen the average price they went for and theyre up there but if no one told me i'd never be able to tell its on coilovers, they are so smooth. I just reccomend paying extra and getting a reputable brand of coilovers, itll make your experience a million times better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page