User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Matinence Work

What am i looking at money wise doing matinence work on a 2001-2002 lexus is300 for the whole year.Also anyone have satellite radio in their is300s if so where did you mount your antenna for it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 06:30 PM
Guru

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

What do u mean by "maintenance work for the whole year"??? Can u clarify.....are u talking about the service maintenance intervals??

01 GGP / Stealth On Wheels
Lexotic Concepts NE014
Elusive Media
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 05:38 AM
Fiend

I guess I kind of have a smiliar question, being that I just got a '01 is300 for $9,500 with 100,xxx miles on it and Im not sure what kind of things I should be doing to take care of it. My last car was a vw so its a little differnt....I love the is.....

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Altruist

Well even with over 100k on the clock, IS like most Toyotas will be solid as rock if properly maintained.

One thing I would do, assuming that you just got the car, is to check if you had the Timing Belt changed. If not than I would do that soon, and that will probably be the biggest expense of them all. I know if the dealer did the T.Belt they usually put a sticker on the T.Belt cover with date and milage of the Service, so that's should be easy to find. Than I would look into all the fluids, mainly Trans. Fluid, Get that flushed or get the pan dropped and cleaned would probably be a better option. Next on my list would of been Engine Coolant, do that as well. Those should be the Major things that you should look into doing ASAP in order to help the car perform and last for long time to come. Also check the Air Filter. There are other things that you might look into but I would do the things that I mentioned first.

2004 TCM SD E-shift
2012 RX350AWD (wife's mobile)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Altruist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilky115
What am i looking at money wise doing matinence work on a 2001-2002 lexus is300 for the whole year.Also anyone have satellite radio in their is300s if so where did you mount your antenna for it?
What's the Milage on your IS300?
Well maintained IS300 will last for long without causing you any unescesary out of pocket expenses. The higher the milage on the IS300 it will cost you slightly more on the begining, like if you are at 90k it will cost you a lot to get the T. Belt changed, and your other fluids, but after that it's just oil changes basically.

2004 TCM SD E-shift
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

I dont have one as of yet i just was wondering what i would need to get done and how much it might run me through out the years. Im just curious because i have an audi right now and all i ever do is put money into that car and i dont want to do that again. Im looking at getting one with around 50,000 miles on it, any suggestions to what i should look for and have done when i purchase the car.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Altruist

Quote:
I dont have one as of yet i just was wondering what i would need to get done and how much it might run me through out the years. Im just curious because i have an audi right now and all i ever do is put money into that car and i dont want to do that again. Im looking at getting one with around 50,000 miles on it, any suggestions to what i should look for and have done when i purchase the car.
Let me assure you that this car is not like Audi, it's a lot more reliable. If it has been maintained it will last for long time. I would suggest 2002+

2004 TCM SD E-shift
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 11:39 PM
Fiend

Thanks for the info, I just got mine a week ago, but I havent really had the time to get those things done cause of finals....but i know that the T.belt was replaced at around 60k so that should be fine for now...ill look into the fluids
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 11:55 PM
Patriot

Quote:
if your lookin to get a car thats around 50,000 miles be prepared for the 60k service...

heres a link of some of the main things that are done.
https://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=256162

'03 5 speed
Carson Tuned/VOLK/Seibon/PLP/TRD/TEIN/TANABE/K&N/IPT/B&M/MEGAN/OBX
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 07:19 AM
Frequenter

congrats on the new IS!!!

~*Missy*~
'01 DWP
AEM short ram intake
HKS carbon ti exhaust
Megan racing y-pipe
18" Ruff Racing Hyperblack 278's
"Life is what you make it"
Bob Marley
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Altruist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4frogger
Thanks for the info, I just got mine a week ago, but I havent really had the time to get those things done cause of finals....but i know that the T.belt was replaced at around 60k so that should be fine for now...ill look into the fluids
Why at 60k
Doesn't Lexus recommend 90k?
Kind of early if you ask me. And don't tell me cause the dealer said so, they are in business to make money. They try to scare the shit out of you with stuff like T.Belt, this isn't Daewoo, this is Toyota

2004 TCM SD E-shift
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel
Why at 60k
Kind of early if you ask me. And don't tell me cause the dealer said so, they are in business to make money. They try to scare the shit out of you with stuff like T.Belt, this isn't Daewoo, this is Toyota
I agree that that is early for the timing belt to be replaced. Whatever. At least it was done.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Frequenter

Quote:
They try to scare the shit out of you with stuff like T.Belt, this isn't Daewoo, this is Toyota

ahaha good point

~*Missy*~
'01 DWP
AEM short ram intake
HKS carbon ti exhaust
Megan racing y-pipe
18" Ruff Racing Hyperblack 278's
"Life is what you make it"
Bob Marley
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel
Why at 60k

Dunno, but then again I wasnt the one who replaced it, nor did I even own the car at that time, I just got mine....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page