1Likes
  • 1 Post By wickers08

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Low speed vibration from 15-30mph

I have a 2005 IS300 with 123k miles on it, it has primarily been serviced at Lexus and have all the records of this when I bought it a couple months ago. When I'm accelerating at normal acceleration, let's say 30% throttle it vibrates/stutters a little bit from 15-30 mph then is completely gone. If I accelerate harder it doesn't happen. I have replaced plugs, transmission flush, rear diff fluid changed, new air filter, and cleaned the maf sensor. I have been doing tons of searches but can not find anything specific: from ujoints that are not serviceable to others who replace the whole driveshaft. If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it. When it was in the tranny flush and differential fluid change the Toyota tech looked it over and said car is very solid. Any ideas before I bring it back to them again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 11:24 AM
Enthusiast

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickers08 View Post
I have a 2005 IS300 with 123k miles on it, it has primarily been serviced at Lexus and have all the records of this when I bought it a couple months ago. When I'm accelerating at normal acceleration, let's say 30% throttle it vibrates/stutters a little bit from 15-30 mph then is completely gone. If I accelerate harder it doesn't happen. I have replaced plugs, transmission flush, rear diff fluid changed, new air filter, and cleaned the maf sensor. I have been doing tons of searches but can not find anything specific: from ujoints that are not serviceable to others who replace the whole driveshaft. If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it. When it was in the tranny flush and differential fluid change the Toyota tech looked it over and said car is very solid. Any ideas before I bring it back to them again?
I would look at the driveshaft and the mounts for the engine, tranny, and diff. Other than that, I would look at the wheels.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply! I will check those items, I would think if it was the wheels being out of balance it would happen more than just the low speed but I could be wrong. Just has me baffled as I’ve owned an 01 years ago and know it wasn’t like this and had about the same mileage but just wasn’t as old...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 05:52 AM
Enthusiast

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickers08 View Post
Thanks for the reply! I will check those items, I would think if it was the wheels being out of balance it would happen more than just the low speed but I could be wrong. Just has me baffled as Iíve owned an 01 years ago and know it wasnít like this and had about the same mileage but just wasnít as old...
On wheels and tires. If a vibration comes in and stays at all speed. It may be something out of round. If the shake comes in and goes away at different speeds. It usually is a balance issue. If the shake is more in the steering wheel. It is the in the front. If in the seat rear. If kind of all over you get it.

I am glad you had the driveshaft checked by a driveshaft shop. The issues with it are hard to see. If you are not use to them.

Where your mounts good?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

So it took me longer then expected to get this figured out, I brought it back to the local Toyota dealership and they were able to find out that the driveshaft was the culprit. Replaced the driveshaft and now drives amazing.
TobiasSing likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page