1Likes
  • 1 Post By FRaCTioNaL

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I want to na-t reliably

Hey guys, new to the forum. I have an is300 03 auto. I have a small list of parts I’m planning to buy and I want to make sure that the parts I’m getting is all I need and I’m not missing anything important.

Cxracing kit 8 psi
Gte headgasket to lower compression
Greddy exhaust catback
Maybe 500cc injectors? Idk if i need them. You guys tell me
255 Walbro fuel pump
Emanage ecu idk ab ecu stuff but this looks like a good option. Still not sure

Do you guys think this is all I need or am I missing a lot of stuff. My goal is around 300rwhp+ this is gonna be my daily driver it has 80,000 miles on the motor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 10:50 AM
Loyalist

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)

Fuel return line and regulator.
If you have any plans on driving with a heavy foot. Get the tranny built eventually.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

No reason for the GTE headgasket really, especially at 300whp. I would also recommend talking to whoever is going to tune your car and what they are comfortable with. It wont make a difference if one ecu is "better" than another, If your tuner doesn't like it, you're going to have a bad time.

the CX racing kit will be fine for a low boost daily, I just wouldn't trust its parts (outside of the IC and piping) going over the 8-10psi range. I am sure some people have been fine with doing more, but relying on those turbos/wastegates/bov's to be a reliable daily isn't worth the risk IMO.

Edit: You'll want the bigger injectors. 565cc WRX STI injectors are a budget friendly drop-in option. You begin to run out of fuel quickly on our stock injectors.

2002 NA-T IS300 | 329whp 287wtq

Last edited by TheBigChow; 02-15-2019 at 03:01 PM. Reason: adding more to my answer

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Thebigchow

Thanks for your answers! You sure I won’t need the gte headgasket? Because the is300 has 10:1 compression and with a turbo it’s going to be add more pressure. I’m not sure of the limits of the ge headgasket.

What would you reccomend for a turbo and wastegate?

And as for transmission, I’m gonna shim the gears or springs idrk what it is but I’ve seen a videos of people shimming the gear springs so there is a bigger gap and supposedly that is supposed to help the transimission handle the power better and shift harder
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 03:04 PM
Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenjoe View Post
Thanks for your answers! You sure I wonít need the gte headgasket? Because the is300 has 10:1 compression and with a turbo itís going to be add more pressure. Iím not sure of the limits of the ge headgasket.

And as for transmission, Iím gonna shim the gears or springs idrk what it is but Iíve seen a videos of people shimming the gear springs so there is a bigger gap and supposedly that is supposed to help the transimission handle the power better and shift harder
You will need around a 62 mm turbo or a little bit bigger. I have seen the numbers you are after. Around that. I would do some reading on the forum. A few have done this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Do you recommend any specific turbos I should consider?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 05:53 PM
Loyalist

Quote:
The biggest thing with any turbo. Is to match the AR rating with the range you want. The size only helps dictate the power. If your AR is to big on the exhaust side it will not spin up when you need or not get to the boost range you want. They are all good and bad. Just ask anyone. They all have favorites and bad stories.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 06:27 PM
Loyalist

Quoted: 104 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 SolarYellow View Post
You will need around a 62 mm turbo or a little bit bigger. I have seen the numbers you are after. Around that. I would do some reading on the forum. A few have done this.
I'd say that considerably more than a few....every time one of these car changes hands the question gets asked, a thread gets created. Thats a lot for an 18 year old car.
braintumor likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squareback View Post
1-8-7 on the undercova i-s-3-hundgy
IS3TT

Last edited by FRaCTioNaL; 02-16-2019 at 06:33 PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
The biggest thing with any turbo. Is to match the AR rating with the range you want. The size only helps dictate the power. If your AR is to big on the exhaust side it will not spin up when you need or not get to the boost range you want. They are all good and bad. Just ask anyone. They all have favorites and bad stories.
Thanks for your input. I didn’t know About AR ratings. I’m new to the turbo game so thanks a lot. Btw I’m ab 1 hour and a half from Marietta
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 06:30 AM
Loyalist

Quote:
Thanks for your input. I didnít know About AR ratings. Iím new to the turbo game so thanks a lot. Btw Iím ab 1 hour and a half from Marietta
We can meet up some time if you want.
As for turbo's, read some books before you get to deep.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for your input. I didn’t know About AR ratings. I’m new to the turbo game so thanks a lot. Btw I’m ab 1 hour and a half from Marietta
We can meet up some time if you want.
As for turbo's, read some books before you get to deep.
Definitely, still reading new stuff everyday
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Thanks for your answers! You sure I won’t need the gte headgasket? Because the is300 has 10:1 compression and with a turbo it’s going to be add more pressure. I’m not sure of the limits of the ge headgasket.

And as for transmission, I’m gonna shim the gears or springs idrk what it is but I’ve seen a videos of people shimming the gear springs so there is a bigger gap and supposedly that is supposed to help the transimission handle the power better and shift harder
There are guys putting out some “big” power on ge headgaskets, with a quality tune the compression ratio is fine. If later on you want more power, the gte pistons will lower the compression, that with a new ge head gasket, arp head studs and you have a nice set up. I know a few around the 600whp on that kind of setup.

For wastegate’s Tial, HKS, Greddy, are all good choices

Valve body upgrades and throwing on a trans cooler should be enough if the trans has been well maintained.

2002 NA-T IS300 | 329whp 287wtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page