HELP getting CEL code. - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
HELP getting CEL code.

ok...so i am throwing my first cel code for this car and it is also causing the trac off light to blink...i have searched this forum and have not really came with straight forward answers. I took it up advanceauto today and it was shown that the code error was P1349 but underneath to "diagnose" the code it said ignition system misfire. Am i not reading the other forums correctly but i see no where on the discussion of the p1349 code of it being something to do with the plugs, or coil packs, or o2 sensor or even the fuel filter, which i would assume of of thise things would be causing a misfire....from my understanding that reading the other forums does throwing the P1349 code basically mean the car is done and gonna blow the motor soon??? please help!! .......READ A FEW COMMENTS BELOW FOR MY UPDATE ON THIS MATTER. lol

Last edited by chriscrystalIS; 08-06-2009 at 12:17 AM.
chriscrystalIS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrystalIS View Post
ok...so i am throwing my first cel code for this car and it is also causing the trac off light to blink...i have searched this forum and have not really came with straight forward answers. I took it up advanceauto today and it was shown that the code error was P1349 but underneath to "diagnose" the code it said ignition system misfire. Am i not reading the other forums correctly but i see no where on the discussion of the p1349 code of it being something to do with the plugs, or coil packs, or o2 sensor or even the fuel filter, which i would assume of of thise things would be causing a misfire....from my understanding that reading the other forums does throwing the P1349 code basically mean the car is done and gonna blow the motor soon??? please help!!


check your oil level
natodog is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
oil level is fine...i am changing it tommorow though with full synthetic.
chriscrystalIS is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrystalIS View Post
oil level is fine...i am changing it tommorow though with full synthetic.
ok, that code is for the bank 1 vvt-i actuator, usually on a car with bad oil maintenance history or low on oil it will come on because it has bad oil pressure to it, try getting some MOA engine oil enhancer, might help, but if its misfiring, that actuator is sticking and needs to be replaced
natodog is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
if the actuator needs to be replaced due to sticking how much will that put me back $$ wise.
chriscrystalIS is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
ok...im really starting to get scared now
chriscrystalIS is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
ok update from me but opinions from you all would be great ...its been a few weeks and its time for an update. I picked up this IS as my new daily driver so my other cars stay in the garage (one is up for sale and the other is showcar) and that CEL code came up 3 days after getting it at the auction for a damn good deal ($6500 for an 01 with 100k miles and clean title and great body)...just letting people know and a lil update on my experience...on tuesday July 21st I changed the oil in which very well may be the first time it was changed since Nov. of last year do to it saying "NOV '08" written in sharpee on the filter lol...so i changed it with castrol high mileage and filter etc. but before doing that i ran a 6 dollar from advance auto engine cleaner/flush on it and ideled for 10 minutes shut it off and then changed the oil (i forget the name, i can find out if anyone in the future would need to know) it has now been over 2 weeks of daily driving and about 500 miles (at least) on the car and the code hasn't popped back up....do u guys think im in the clear with this whole experience because i was reading at advance auto it was a misfire...but the code number for our IS's means bad oil maintenence...knock on wood, but i personally think i might be good on this situation....hopefully and THX in advance for any comments ppl!!

Last edited by chriscrystalIS; 08-06-2009 at 12:20 AM.
chriscrystalIS is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 02:26 AM
Immortal
 
Crester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 27,116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
If the codes don't come back... don't worry about it!

If something is really wrong... it'll light the CEL again.

.
.
I really wanna be a racecar driver... :-/

2001 IS300 MSM | EIBACH | BORLA | FIGS | VALEO | PIONEER | JOE Z | EAGLE F1 GS-D3 | LSD | STOPTECH | BILSTEIN | AFE POWER | POWERSLOT | 5000K | OZ ULTRALEGGERA | HARD RACE
Crester is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
CEL maintenance code

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrystalIS View Post
ok update from me but opinions from you all would be great ...its been a few weeks and its time for an update. I picked up this IS as my new daily driver so my other cars stay in the garage (one is up for sale and the other is showcar) and that CEL code came up 3 days after getting it at the auction for a damn good deal ($6500 for an 01 with 100k miles and clean title and great body)...just letting people know and a lil update on my experience...on tuesday July 21st I changed the oil in which very well may be the first time it was changed since Nov. of last year do to it saying "NOV '08" written in sharpee on the filter lol...so i changed it with castrol high mileage and filter etc. but before doing that i ran a 6 dollar from advance auto engine cleaner/flush on it and ideled for 10 minutes shut it off and then changed the oil (i forget the name, i can find out if anyone in the future would need to know) it has now been over 2 weeks of daily driving and about 500 miles (at least) on the car and the code hasn't popped back up....do u guys think im in the clear with this whole experience because i was reading at advance auto it was a misfire...but the code number for our IS's means bad oil maintenence...knock on wood, but i personally think i might be good on this situation....hopefully and THX in advance for any comments ppl!!
Hello Chris...I agree with Crester that if the CEL in your dash did not show up again, that previous code you have is now OK. To make sure, you can go to any parts dealer and let them r-scan the code for you. And when there is no code, they will confirm to you that all it needed was the oil change.

Rich
65kotse78 is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
yea...its still not throwin any more...i picked up an obdII scanner last week and scanned it and nothing..i just bought the car about a month ago so it is now back to being a good "deal" lol....thx for backin up my thoughts guys.

2001 Lexus IS300 - SOLD

2010 Lexus IS250 - SOLD

2012 Audi A5 - Prem-Plus l Nav l Sport Pkg l Adv Key l B&O l Hoen l ECS Tuning LED

"Technology is the Only Substitute for Cubic Inches"
chriscrystalIS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help with this CEL code ksoazn IS300 Owner's Forum 1 09-12-2007 08:57 AM
CEL Code help P0156 wingzero Go Fast Stuff 4 11-26-2005 08:07 PM
CEL Evaporation Code? MonStar1120 General Discussion 5 09-12-2005 09:32 PM
Got my cel code! Hirun Go Fast Stuff 30 07-30-2005 05:51 AM
cel code P04020 tino Go Fast Stuff 7 04-16-2003 05:09 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome