header/front brace question - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
 
header/front brace question

Hey guys just installed some figs/ppe headers and sometimes when I turn left hard they will bang on the front A brace, anyone know if the megan racing PN: SB-HBLI01-F will give me more clearance for the exhaust? Or I may get get stiffer motor mounts any advice will be great thanks guys
2jznosheet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 12:01 PM
Aficionado
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
           
have you emailed figs yet? if not, i suggest you do.

Lucy; 04 manual sportdesign
mesooohoppy is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesooohoppy View Post
have you emailed figs yet? if not, i suggest you do.
I did they mostly said check your motor mounts, I have dealt with the banging mostly but on left corners if I turn sharp while giving it gas it will bang so I'm mostly just looking for abit more clearance
2jznosheet is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:36 PM
Mr. Roo
 
TobiasSing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near DC
Posts: 9,127
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
           
maybe with enough banging, it will sort itself out. Nothing really wrong with a little metal on metal tapping
TobiasSing is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasSing View Post
maybe with enough banging, it will sort itself out. Nothing really wrong with a little metal on metal tapping
OCD my man its my baby, your right tho I already banged the sub frame and pipe a little bit but its a hollow pipe so I don't wanna bash it anymore. But Its just really violent when I drift and that is somewhat of a problem, so I may look into stiffer motor mounts
2jznosheet is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 06:19 PM
Loyalist
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Marietta
Posts: 1,518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jznosheet View Post
Hey guys just installed some figs/ppe headers and sometimes when I turn left hard they will bang on the front A brace, anyone know if the megan racing PN: SB-HBLI01-F will give me more clearance for the exhaust? Or I may get get stiffer motor mounts any advice will be great thanks guys
The Megan clear no problem. I have not heard of an issue with the PPE. Have you check your braces? As for hitting the sub frame. Have you hit the sub frame on something? If so, it may be miss aligned.
01 SolarYellow is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 SolarYellow View Post
The Megan clear no problem. I have not heard of an issue with the PPE. Have you check your braces? As for hitting the sub frame. Have you hit the sub frame on something? If so, it may be miss aligned.
Sorry what is banging on is part number 51403-53010 it is the front a brace. Do you have the megan motor mounts yourself and it helped with clearance? or are you referring to the brace from megan
2jznosheet is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 07:11 PM
Loyalist
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Marietta
Posts: 1,518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jznosheet View Post
Sorry what is banging on is part number 51403-53010 it is the front a brace. Do you have the megan motor mounts yourself and it helped with clearance? or are you referring to the brace from megan
The Megan I was referring to is there header. As for their motor mounts they are the same as the factory. They are just solid rubber. So a little stiffer.

What "brace" are you referring too?
01 SolarYellow is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 01:21 PM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,228
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
           
Are you sure you haven't snapped a motor mount?
Ek9B18 is online now  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 02:46 PM
Mr. Roo
 
TobiasSing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near DC
Posts: 9,127
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jznosheet View Post
OCD my man its my baby, your right tho I already banged the sub frame and pipe a little bit but its a hollow pipe so I don't wanna bash it anymore. But Its just really violent when I drift and that is somewhat of a problem, so I may look into stiffer motor mounts
Well it sounds like it's fine under normal daily driving conditions. Not sure there's anyone else with your specific setup in drifting, so you might have to get creative if your mounts are fine. Sounds like things are just flexing a lot in the car from the drifting forces.
TobiasSing is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 06:51 PM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,228
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
           
Considering how bolted down the front headers are, if the motor isn't moving, I don't see how they could hit something. I'd be more inclined to think the rear part of the exhaust is banging around because it's only held in place with large rubber bands.
Ek9B18 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Megan Middle Lower H Brace Review DH_71631 Stop, Drop and Roll 15 01-28-2019 11:41 AM
Question about O2 sensors Gerstec Basic Help & Repair 8 05-20-2018 12:06 AM
Cusco&Toms front member reinforcment brace Mare Stop, Drop and Roll 1 09-26-2016 08:39 AM
IS300 Single turbo 700+whp tire question Got_PSI Wheels and Tires 14 08-31-2016 09:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome