1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ek9B18

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Gs300 Issues :(

First off, Hello IS forums, I'm new to this site and came here seeking help from fellow is300/gs300 owners.

I, Myself own a 2003 Lexus Gs300, (Auto Tranny) which I bought for $1000. 165k Miles, Engine runs great, interior/exterior in pristine condition. Got a pretty good deal on her!

Except, for one small issue. I feel like the car is holding back a lot of power, and not running to its full potential. I'm pretty sure it's not the engine, but I think it might be the transmission.
The transmission shifts through all the gears, but I have to let off of the gas whenever I feel like it's time to shift, and that's when it shifts. Almost like I'm driving a manual transmission, except it doesn't have a clutch, or way to actually shift the car manually. Does anyone have any thoughts or anything from previous experience, or some common issues the Toyota a650e has when it comes to power loss?

Things I have done so far that kinda helped a bit/didn't really fix the main issue

- Clean MAF Sensor (Was quite a bit dirty actually, helped just a little bit)
- There was a massive crack on the airbox, after the MAF sensor, which was letting in Un-Metered air, which isn't good.
(JB Welded it, and fixed the acceleration just a little bit when shifting from 1st to 2nd)

Basically, I've exhausted my knowledge of what's wrong with the car.
I will post a video soon on me accelerating it, and how weirdly it shifts.

Any insight on what it could be would be awesome! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 06:21 AM
Extremist

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)

This is the wrong section. Just say'in. The GS300 is a heavy car with a 217 hp engine. It's not going to be a fast car.

The transmission is 100% ECU controlled meaning the ECU tells it when to shift. It sounds almost like it's stuck in manual mode. Used transmissions aren't that expensive even if it turns out to be bad.
TobiasSing likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page