• 1 Post By jmgillardi

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Greddy Revolution RS Catback

I did a bunch of research on this system and finally bought it. I installed it and it's very loud and the drone is unbearable. Every review and video I've seen indicates this exhaust shouldn't be this loud with the stock manifold and y-pipe.

Does anyone else have this system? I'm thinking that I may have installed it incorrectly or I could have recieved a defective part, but I highly doubt that's the case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
I also have this exhaust, it is extremely drone-y around 3000 rpm, I just figured it was how it was. I have gotten used to the drone, unfortunately the car rides at exactly 3000 rpm going 67 mph, my cruising speed on the highway :|

I also bought mine recently, so there's a chance it is some kind of defect in the batch. I would be interested to know if someone who bought one a while ago is also experiencing this.
GGM_IS likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Yep, 3000 rpms unfortunately is within the range where I'm at most of the time. The volume or tone isn't that bad honestly, it's the drone that is deafening.

I stuck my phone in the muffler last night to see how the packing looked and it almost looks like there could be more?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
I'll get a pic of mine when I get home, I'm on vacation now but I am guessing it will look similar
GGM_IS likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 02:01 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgillardi View Post
I also have this exhaust, it is extremely drone-y around 3000 rpm, I just figured it was how it was. I have gotten used to the drone, unfortunately the car rides at exactly 3000 rpm going 67 mph, my cruising speed on the highway :|

I also bought mine recently, so there's a chance it is some kind of defect in the batch. I would be interested to know if someone who bought one a while ago is also experiencing this.
Boy do I have a solution for you! If you're up to the task of course. Look up a helmholtz resonator. You can reduce the drone at a specific frequency by taking advantage of fluid mechanics.

Here's a good example on how to make one:
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Bought a 3" augar style muffler and wacked it in the muffler with a hammer and a block of wood. It definitely required some effort to get it in there, so I don't expect it to come out on it's own.

There's absolutely no drone and the overall volume has been reduced quite a bit. I'm loving the way it sounds now. Loud enough and very streetable. Removal will most likely require a slide hammer as it's pretty tight in there.

I'd recommend this for anyone wanting to quiet down their revolution rs exhaust!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019XE4ROI/..._GgDdDb8HEW9W2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page