Lexus IS Forum banner

E shift not working

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Flatline1121 
#1 ·
Back ground info.
Before I bought my car, it had a power surge from an after market system and it shorted out alot of things in the car....

I installed a spring clock(what ever its called- black ring that goes behind the drivers air bag) out from a 01 avalon or Camery.

I'm thinking since the avalon didn't have E-shift thats probably why mine doesn't work. The actual buttons are good I swapped them out but still no workie :(

Are they different for each car???

#2 ·
I installed a spring clock(what ever its called- black ring that goes behind the drivers air bag) out from a 01 avalon or Camery.
If it was me, I'd check the pinout and part number on each car and match up part numbers. What made you think a Camry part would work on the IS?

When you hit the buttons, you're applying ground to two pins on the ECU. I'd probably go to the connector under the steering wheel, using a multimeter set to resistance, I'd unplug the cable and press the buttons while measuring resistence.

I'd assume that you're correct and that the wires don't exist.

Br-Y - Ground input to the switch.
Gr-R - STFD - to ECU
Gr-G - STFU - to ECU.

Just plugged those two in last night...

#3 ·
The reason I changed it is my horn cruise control and air bag light was on. Si I changed it out. Being that the cars are from the same manufacture and close to the same year I know complanies use simular parts in different cars. The avalon parts fixed teh above issues. But like I said i dawned on me last noight that there might not be any connectors in the Av. part. I'll pull it apart to verify over the weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.