Do I have LSD? I need a replacement key! + General Info, where to look and more - Page 2 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would like to know this also. I just lost my master key, and don't have a replacement. I wanted to know what I needed to do, and the total cost im expecting. I have an 04 is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Deity

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
REWRITE MODE
This procedure is used to clear all previously registered key codes and then, to register new key code(s).
1. Insert the key in the ignition and, then remove it.
2. Press the driver’s power door lock switch, LOCK to UNLOCK, 5 times.
3. Close and open the driver’s door.
4. Press the driver’s power door lock switch, LOCK to UNLOCK, 5 times.
5. Insert the key in the ignition and cycle the key TWICE from LOCK to ON.
6. Remove the key from the ignition.
The power door lock switch will respond by automatically cycling TWICE from UNLOCK to LOCK
confirming REWRITE MODE.
7. Press the key’s lock and unlock buttons simultaneously, then release.
8. Press either the key’s lock or unlock button for one second.
The power door lock switch will automatically cycle from UNLOCK to LOCK indicating the following:
• ONCE to confirm that registration was complete.
• TWICE to indicate that the registration was unsuccessful.
9. Additional key codes may be registered by repeating steps 7 and 8 above.
Looks like this may be it. Bottom of page 2 and beginning of page 3 on the pdf I mentioned a few posts up.

Moderator Old School.
post #18 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Lurker

My car is at my work place. Should I call lexus? Do I need to get the car towed there?

post #19 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Deity

you'll need a key and transponder. New key would have to be cut (they can use your vin) so I guess it depends on how quickly you want your car. dealer will charge up the butt, but if you need the car you don't really have any other choice.

If you can wait, I believe there are sellers on ebay and perhaps carson/sewell/irontoad that can send you a cut key (using your vin) with a transponder for cheaper than the stealership. Or buy a blank key and transponder on ebay and have the dealer cut it? I've never had to go this route and different dealers will have varying capabilities and willingness to help so you're going to have to do some legwork.

I'd be leery about my car being somewhere unsecured with a key floating around.

Best of luck!

Moderator Old School.
post #20 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 PM

If I switched ecu on my 01 along with the new cylinder and master key. How do you reprogram it?
post #21 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 11:04 AM

I have only one key for my 01 IS300. It doesn't lock or unlock my car but it does start it, how do I program it to lock/unlock my car?
post #22 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Follower

Wow, I got like 3 answers to my questions on just this thread. THANKS +rep
post #23 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 02:31 PM

a little more info

I have lost the only remaining master remote key to my 02 IS. However, I have the credit card key as well as an old valet key. I want to try to buy a key somewhere other than the dealership ($360 incuding programming) but would like to know if I could use the credit card key as a master key and hold it up near the ignition when programming?
The test that the programming instrucitons give says that if you turn the car on with a master key the LED light will go off (and stop flashing) which is excatly what happens when I hold the card up to the ignition.
I'm hoping I can "trick" this into working.
Can anyone verify or deny this will work?

Thanks!!!
post #24 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Just wanted to let everyone know,

I only received 1 master key with my car, i bought 2 key shells from ebay for 10 bucks, my cousin who works at a lexus dealership has a box full of old keys, he gave me 3 with the intetion to use the transponder to work with my 02 is300, i got the keys cut, put the transponders in, and went on to the programming steps on page 1.

so after trying for 15 minutes the first key didnt work? i was sure i was doing it right, so i tried the other key, and it worked the first time!!

so after closely inspecting the transponder that did not work, and comparing it to the one that did, and the one that came with the car, i saw it looked different, i dont know what lexus it came out of, but chances are it wasnt an is300

i have 2 of the different looking transponders and will be trying out the other one to see if it works, if it does, then its the transponder that was bad, if it doesnt work, then it has to look like the original

i will post pics of the transponders i have!
post #25 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

here are the pics

left is the transponder that came with my car, the 2 on the right are the unknown lexus transponders that dont work

this is to help anyone looking to buy used transponders on ebay, ask the seller to show you the actual transponder first before buying!
post #26 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Deity

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

BTW, 01 IS programmable. I bought 2 keys and programmed them for my sister as hers only came with one master key. I didn't have to reset any ECU either.

03 CW | Tokico White| EiBach Prokit | Tom's RSTB | L-tune Red Sway | Works VS-XX gold 18x8.5 +45/18x9.5 +45 | Hankook V12 215/40/18 + 225/40/18 | JoeZ | Dezod green header | RMM Front/Side/trunk spoiler + Carson rear lip | 03 SD Grill | Ebay oem style Headlights | JDM Dark Chrome Tails | Kenwood DNX7100 | Kenwood GTM-10 | JBL MS-8 | JDM Double Din | Focal 165VR | Infinity 6932 | ID IDQ10V3-4 IB Rear Deck | Alpine PDX-5 | Dynamat Extreme | CompuStar
My pix whoring thread
post #27 of 68 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Deity

yes but if you lose both master keys, you cannot reprogram, which is what it says up on the first post.

Moderator Old School.
post #28 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 03:44 AM

This thread was super helpful...i'm pretty amazed. I bought a used 02 IS300 about 2 weeks ago, and it only came with a valet key. Found a $70 remote key on ebay with a new shell and used transponder, cut it for $20 at this hole in the wall locksmith, and then programmed it myself following the directions in the pdf. I used confirmation mode to check how many keys were registered (just out of curiosity), then used prohibition mode to delete them and disable wireless, then used add mode to add the newly cut remote key. To program the immobilizer, i just followed the directions posted by black86...worked perfectly. So yes, you can still add keys without a master key (the one with a remote). Thanks everyone! If anyone lives in socal and needs a key, i can point you to that really cheap locksmith. Also, chicotunner07's pictures helped a lot, turns out the clear transponder in the middle belongs to the RX and the one on the right I think is for the ES.

2002 IBP IS300, 5MT
post #29 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 11:10 PM
Under House Arrest

Great thread! It helps me alot!
post #30 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Under House Arrest

Is this a good car to buyy my fiance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page