comprehensive or collision? - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2000, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If a rebar in daylight falls off a truck or another truck kicks it in your path and it hits your car (and causes considerable damage), should the coverage fall under comprehensive or collision? Please explain. Thanks, in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2000, 08:27 AM
Enthusiast

ISFAN, Where are you????

I'm thinking comprehensive but I defer to our resident insurance geek [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

------------------
cardinal
'01 Silver/Black
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17"
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2000, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Comprehensive is what I thought too; similar to a rock hitting your windshield is considered comprehensive, but the insurance guy said it is covered under collision. Any legal advice?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2000, 12:06 PM
Follower

That is a real touch subject in the insurance world. I am not sure who you carry your coverage with, but here is what we would do.

1. If you were driving behind the truck and actually saw the rebar fall off and hit your car, then that would be comprehensive. The definition of comprehenisve in our policy indicates named perils and one of them is a falling object. I would consider that a falling object.

2. Scenario #2. If the truck in front of you runs over the rebar and kicks it up and it hits your car that in my opinion would also fall under falling object. Actually it reads Missiles or falling objects. In this scenario I would consider this both a missle and falling object.

3. Scenario #3. If you were driving down the road and the rebar or any other object was in the road and you hit it, that would be collision. Collision definition is the upset of your covered auto or their impact with another vehicle or object.

I hope this clears matters up. You really need to pull your auto policy and read the Coverage to your auto section and see how they are defined.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page