Lexus IS Forum banner

Clinched overbody kit questions

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  #wreckedIS 
#1 ·
Unlike our supra counterparts, it's hard for us to fit wide enough tires to hold traction so I figured I'd go with the clinched setup.

My question with it all is if anyone has dealt with the company and seen their product (quality wise) or how expensive it would be to have a shop install.

Link to parts in question
Clinched body kit

Or if anyone has any other ideas I'd be all ears, it's a 500hp DD with up to 700ish at the track.

#2 ·
I really want to get either clinched or monster service overfenders. I need to roll and pull my rear fenders to fit my 265/35 but I'd love to run at least a 285 which would be perfect for me. However, I'd have to buy wider wheels and that's just even more money to spend.

#3 ·
I heard that because they're ABS plastic, they can be molded and shaped with heat which seems like a very big plus. However you will probably have to do some cutting if you want to put their fender flares on the rear and have a rear door that can still open. This guy used them and they look sick!

https://youtu.be/MjUGxFP6nHw

Not sure if he is on here, but if he is then I just need to say your car is sick!

#6 ·
DAMN!! I'm loving the fitment,..whats your wheels & Tires specs?

#8 ·
Wheels are Volk Racing CE28n Genesis 18x10.5 +15 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport all around. The front has no spacer but the rear has a 15mm spacer.

I went through San Diego Custom Paint and Restoration off of Miramar Rd. They were able to order the kit directly from clinched. They cut and rewelded the fenders along with installing Rivet nuts to make the kit removable. After all the prep, they did a full respray. Prep and Re-spray was a little over $3k not including the kit

#10 ·
The guy in the video above ^^ (turbo taxi) is selling his Clinched fenders, pre-cut, molded, ready to go ( he is going wider). only asking 200 in facebook market place if you want to check it out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.