post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)

Garage
climate control not working

hi all,

For some reason my fan isnt turning on, this happened after i changed out the bulbs because one of the bulbs fried.

My fan is not broken, because when my car is idle ot will come on and turn off. But inside the cabin no air blows out even if i turn it on to max... ac light dont come home either

Anyonw know whats the fuses so i can check it? Google is no help......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Immortal

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)

There are a number of fuses for the AC control.

40A Heater in passenger kick(blower feed)
10A A/C driver side
10A Radio #2 driver side
10A ECU-IG driver side
10A MPX-B passenger kick

You may need to check the controller for power, it's mounted to the firewall right behind the glove box. I have the AC PDFs as well as extensive troubleshooting in the link below(post 10). Anfro had the same problem and it turned out to be his controller. Rather than write a book and fill this page, I would suggest following this link. I believe I also sent you the diagnostic book and the AC print is on page #1057. Basically you have to make surethe controller is getting power and fuses are good. This thread goes deep into a faulty fan control problem. Hope it helps, post back if not.
https://my.is/forums/f115/blower-fan-...orking-414266/

Edit; unless something went wrong with the blower knob? Did you have to disassemble that rotary selector switch part(knobs) for your bulb install?

'02 IS300 MSM LSD

Last edited by jasonm4; 09-11-2013 at 07:38 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Garage
Yea im worried that when i was taking the bulbs up i kinda applied pressure down onto the panel scared that i broke it, also isnt the ac light supposed to turn on? Even if the blower isnt working, thanks for the links ill check it and the fuses tomarrow or maybe tonight

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Immortal

Regardless of the LED, you should have total control of the fan by turning the dial. But yes, the AC light comes on until I disengage it(at least on mine). It sounds more likely to be the unit but if you want to verify you can using the link and posts #10+ are very informational. Download the FSM and take the unit's face off to verify the contacts and board is ok. I don't think you broke the board but may have possibly messed up the dial? I dunno but if you need help lemme know, good luck.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm4 View Post
Regardless of the LED, you should have total control of the fan by turning the dial. But yes, the AC light comes on until I disengage it(at least on mine). It sounds more likely to be the unit but if you want to verify you can using the link and posts #10+ are very informational. Download the FSM and take the unit's face off to verify the contacts and board is ok. I don't think you broke the board but may have possibly messed up the dial? I dunno but if you need help lemme know, good luck.
it was the unit, the little metal thing that sticks out from the botton of the knob came off, i took the whole climate control assembly apart, connect back the tiny piece of metal onto the ac knob then, the fans/ ac turns on fine and blow freezing cold air

man jason you have very good Intel about the is
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 05:17 AM
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by az989 View Post
it was the unit, the little metal thing that sticks out from the botton of the knob came off, i took the whole climate control assembly apart, connect back the tiny piece of metal onto the ac knob then, the fans/ ac turns on fine and blow freezing cold air

man jason you have very good Intel about the is
Nice! I had a feeling it may have been the console since it stopped working right after the repair to the unit. I thought the dial used a contact but wasn't positive if it was affixed to the dial. Thanks for the comment and glad to hear you're good to go!

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2016, 06:29 AM
Follower

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)

Lately a lot of people have been bringing back threads from the dead... Guess I'm no different.. lol

Anyhow, so today I did some soldering for the cat eye clock LEDs and took apart the Climate control. I have a really bad habit of things falling apart and wasn't paying attention. Long story short the stuipd 0-60 timer buttons and a few others fell apart and now my blower switch isn't working. From the posts above a piece of metal is supposed to make contact with the board to show position from the knob. Other than the ribbon connection and rear plug connection is there anything I'm missing? The A/C button works inside the knob and the others work fine.

Your input is appreciated.

Build Here

Video Here

DIY Oil Filter Relocation Here

Follow Instagram.com/FSprtJK <--Here
Check out TireStickers.Com <--Here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page