8 codes, 1 problem, ABS system diagnosis. - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Toroto
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
 
8 codes, 1 problem, ABS system diagnosis.

I just got my IS back from the body shop this week, with it i got a whole new set of triggered CEL codes,

C0278

C1225

C0200
C0205
C0210
C0215

C1246

C1201


All these codes are ABS related so i think it can be narrowed down to 1 simple fix, if anyone can help me get these dash lights to turn off, My Emergency Brake light is always on, my trac off light is constantly blinking, and my check engine light is on
FlameSpitter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Toroto
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
 
Could it be a blown ABS solenoid relay fuse, the one that's hard to get to? or maybe busted Skid Control ecu?
FlameSpitter is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Marietta
Posts: 1,377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
           
215 is a bad thermostat.
200 -210 is injector issue. check connections. otherwise it may be bad injectors.
1225 check connections at the throttle body.
1246 maybe a lose timing belt.
1201 is fuel pressure issue.

Careful & Consistent
01 SolarYellow is offline  
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 06:56 PM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,161
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
           
I'm not sure why you're not taking it back. If it didn't do this before you sent it to them, they fucked something up.

Usually when I see a bunch of unrelated CEL's I think there's a bad ground somewhere.
Ek9B18 is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Toroto
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
 
these are the codes I'm pulling,

-0278/11

(DI-451 ) Open circuit of ABS solenoid relay circuit
C0279/12
(DI-451 ) Short circuit of ABS solenoid relay circuit

Trouble Area
ABS solenoid relay
ABS solenoid relay circuit

-C1225/25

(DI-463 ) Open or short circuit of SM circuit

Trouble Area
Brake actuator SM1 or SM2 circuit

c0200- c0205- c0210- c0215, are all 4 wheel ABS speed sensors

-C1246/46*2
(DI-469 ) Malfunction in master ccylinder pressure sensor

Trouble Area
Master cylinder pressure sensor
Master cylinder pressure sensor circuit

C1251/51*1
Trouble Area
(DI-475 ) Pump motor is locked ABS & TRAC Actuator
ABS & TRAC Actuator circuit
FlameSpitter is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Toroto
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 SolarYellow View Post
215 is a bad thermostat.
200 -210 is injector issue. check connections. otherwise it may be bad injectors.
1225 check connections at the throttle body.
1246 maybe a lose timing belt.
1201 is fuel pressure issue.
those codes don't match up to the ones I'm pulling, this is for a 2003 is300
FlameSpitter is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Toroto
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ek9B18 View Post
I'm not sure why you're not taking it back. If it didn't do this before you sent it to them, they fucked something up.

Usually when I see a bunch of unrelated CEL's I think there's a bad ground somewhere.
I work there, Im the assembler so anything wrong I probably caused myself.
FlameSpitter is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,161
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
           
Quote:
I work there, Im the assembler so anything wrong I probably caused myself.
Dooh well that's probably different.

Where was the repair? Was the car welded on? The ABS block under the hood is pretty much just as bunch of solenoids and valves. The actual electronics are under the dash. You could probably get those codes if you forgot to plug in some of the connectors under the dash.,
Ek9B18 is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Toroto
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ek9B18 View Post
Dooh well that's probably different.

Where was the repair? Was the car welded on? The ABS block under the hood is pretty much just as bunch of solenoids and valves. The actual electronics are under the dash. You could probably get those codes if you forgot to plug in some of the connectors under the dash.,
yes the car was welded on, it ran a high sidewalk curb, damaged the lower rad support on the passenger side so some cutting and welding was done, also the interior was completely redone,

what exactly under the dash would cause some of these issues?
FlameSpitter is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Toroto
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
 
The ABS block is near the impact area, it could be the issue but I highly doubt it was damaged, all the ABS and Skid Control electronics are inside...

Im getting a code for the master cylinder pressure sensor.

The way i see it it has to be something really simply...


c1201 is for malfunction in engine control system / ABS & TRAC ACTUATOR ,

then the 4 ABS wheel speed sensor codes,

the code for the brake actuator,

And the code for the ABS Solenoid...


can anyone put the dots together? im gonna try replacing all 4 wheel speed sensors maybe??? just replace everything until it works lol? i think i can find a parts car
FlameSpitter is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Toroto
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSpitter View Post
I just got my IS back from the body shop this week, with it i got a whole new set of triggered CEL codes,

C0278

C1225

C0200
C0205
C0210
C0215

C1246

C1201


All these codes are ABS related so i think it can be narrowed down to 1 simple fix, if anyone can help me get these dash lights to turn off, My Emergency Brake light is always on, my trac off light is constantly blinking, and my check engine light is on
these are the codes I'm pulling,

-0278/11

(DI-451 ) Open circuit of ABS solenoid relay circuit
C0279/12
(DI-451 ) Short circuit of ABS solenoid relay circuit

Trouble Area
ABS solenoid relay
ABS solenoid relay circuit

-C1225/25

(DI-463 ) Open or short circuit of SM circuit

Trouble Area
Brake actuator SM1 or SM2 circuit

c0200- c0205- c0210- c0215, are all 4 wheel ABS speed sensors

-C1246/46*2
(DI-469 ) Malfunction in master ccylinder pressure sensor

Trouble Area
Master cylinder pressure sensor
Master cylinder pressure sensor circuit

C1251/51*1
Trouble Area
(DI-475 ) Pump motor is locked ABS & TRAC Actuator
ABS & TRAC Actuator circuit
FlameSpitter is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 02:01 PM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Marietta
Posts: 1,377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSpitter View Post
those codes don't match up to the ones I'm pulling, this is for a 2003 is300
Sorry I forgot you had just C codes, not P...

Did you have these ABS codes when you dropped it off?

Careful & Consistent
01 SolarYellow is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 03:22 PM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,161
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
           
Quote:
yes the car was welded on, it ran a high sidewalk curb, damaged the lower rad support on the passenger side so some cutting and welding was done, also the interior was completely redone,

what exactly under the dash would cause some of these issues?
Did you pull the ground before welding?

The connectors and ABS controller are right about where the clutch pedal would be under the dash. If you pull the lower dash cover and look up, you can see it. It's right about where the left knee is.
Ek9B18 is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Toroto
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 SolarYellow View Post
Sorry I forgot you had just C codes, not P...

Did you have these ABS codes when you dropped it off?

No, don't think it was throwing any ABS codes before it got dropped off, the car was in a small collision passenger side fender and lower rad support, then went straight to the body shop, never noticed until the car was fully finished.
FlameSpitter is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Toroto
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ek9B18 View Post
Did you pull the ground before welding?

The connectors and ABS controller are right about where the clutch pedal would be under the dash. If you pull the lower dash cover and look up, you can see it. It's right about where the left knee is.
yes the battery was pulled out during the welding, ill peek under my dash and check but I'm pretty sure none of those electronics were ever touched.
FlameSpitter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2001 IS300 won't start. Cleared and retrieved codes, but no answers. PaulE Basic Help & Repair 2 04-24-2018 07:15 AM
Bad ABS actuator wont established connection to the ABS ECU? Elion Basic Help & Repair 0 09-20-2017 12:27 AM
Help with bunch of ABS codes Landmaster General Discussion 6 01-22-2017 04:11 PM
ABS Light and Traction Light Blink - Code 43 & 44 jmooney5115 Basic Help & Repair 0 01-21-2017 04:05 PM
First post... Changed hub bearing and now getting ABS codes BeigeLexIS Basic Help & Repair 4 05-12-2016 02:14 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome