EGT,WideBand,and other Gages - Page 2 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Extremist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I agree with Dude if you boosting hard for a long time you EGTs will start to rise you will never know this if you dont have a EGT gauge. Also if you have "WARNING" gauges you dont have to look at them until they start to chime. In my opinion gauges with out the warning feature are MUCH less useful since you cant always be watching them(Border line useless in my opinion since it will be the one time you dont look that screws you).

Boost warns at 14.1, Fuel Pressure warns below 50(If this warns im running out of gas), EGT Warns above 1400F, Oil Pressure warns belows 18 psi. In this scheme I never have to look at my gauges until they start making noise.

I have boost because you want to make sure you are not over boosting

I have EGT to make sure im not melting a piston, Detonation will also effect your EGTs.

I have oil pressure because I have so many oil lines id like to know if I have a leak.

I have Fuel Pressure because Id like to know if my return line falls off lol. And it also a back up fuel gauge.

I also have a defi setup up so I dont actually need the gauges to get the warnings just the sensors.

Actually my wideband warns too, so I dont really have to look at anything. Looking at gauges at 14 psi in traffic is hard

also my Apexi Avcr Map sensor went bad, so its been miss reporting boost for a while.

BBS LMs. 6spd, Supra Internals. Twin T3 super 60s. Haltech e11 , 720cc injectors, Defi Head Up Display. KW V3. 4 Inch front mount. BC Springs, Retainers, 272s. SRT 3" exhaust. HKS 60mm wastegate. Custom 6 pot Big brake kit

404 @ 13 psi

To be installed.
Water Injection
Win racing kit... maybe..

Last edited by IS300AllShow; 02-28-2005 at 09:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 11:10 AM
Extremist

Do you even drive you car lol? Most people are going to do highway pulls on roads they are familar with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieSleeps
Then I agree with you.
I don't think boost is important if you have it on a boost controller.
I won't go without my fuel pressure gauge, especially after going with a rising rate regulator.

EGT aint that important for me. You know as well as me that i'm not gonna be hitting a track anytime soon and I won't be WOT for minutes at a time. If I did that I'd hve 4 busted rims and a 3 dozen potholes smiling back at me.

BBS LMs. 6spd, Supra Internals. Twin T3 super 60s. Haltech e11 , 720cc injectors, Defi Head Up Display. KW V3. 4 Inch front mount. BC Springs, Retainers, 272s. SRT 3" exhaust. HKS 60mm wastegate. Custom 6 pot Big brake kit

404 @ 13 psi

To be installed.
Water Injection
Win racing kit... maybe..

Last edited by IS300AllShow; 02-28-2005 at 09:31 AM.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 05:59 AM
Extremist

Gauges I bought when I was new to boost (left to right in my pod)...
BOOST---FUEL PRESSURE---EGT

What I have now (left to right in my pod)...
BOOST---KNOCK/RETARD---WIDEBAND

I used my boost gauge the most from my original setup. The fuel pressure gauge makes for a nice gas gauge, but I didn't look at it too much. The EGT ran up over 1400 a few times. But that was only when the car was being pushed over 100mph and in full boost. I rarly do such high speed runs and only used the gauge to know when I can turn off the car (cooled down).

My vote: Lose the EGT gauge if you do not track your car (or drive 100+mph all the time).

2002 IS300 (sold) --> 573whp on 93 pump :::: 749whp on C16

2006 IS350 (current)

Last edited by IS300AllShow; 02-28-2005 at 09:32 AM.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 09:17 AM
Addict

My first time around with F/I, I went with Boost, EGT, Fuel. I track my car frequently. The EGT saved my ass several times, Fuel pressure just warned me when I am gonna run out of gas, (the gas gauge problem is fixed now) Boost, cause I often varied my settings manually, no electronic boost controller. I may remove boost when I get a new Controller, and add in a Wideband or Oil pressure.

Custom Built 2004 IS300 By PFS
655RWHP 600RWTQ -Sold

||Owner Driven IS300||
|| 11.097 @130Mph
Best 60' 1.60

2009 IS 250AWD Black Saphire pearl

2014 ISFSPORT Obsidian

and I'm back!!!

2016 IS300F Sport - Obsidian

Last edited by Myis300t; 10-26-2005 at 08:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Site News & FAQs > FAQ > Forced Induction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page